Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Active Watch red burn or rash

(Topic created on: 31-10-2019 12:07 AM)
Jsmith3304
First Poster
Options

I did l

I read about people getting rashes or burns from their watches. What should I use to clear it up? I will probably never wear my watch again. I really liked it too, but my skin looks really bad because of it. I do not recommend this watch to anyone. My fitbits in the past never burned me.
20191030_114556.jpg

20191030_114615.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
CarlH
Options

Hi @Jsmith3304. Got a few steps for you:

When you wear the Galaxy Watch for a long time or do a high-intensity exercise while wearing it, skin irritation may occur due to friction and pressure. If you are wearing your Galaxy Watch for a long time, remove the Galaxy Watch from your wrist and do not wear your Galaxy Watch for several hours.

• Skin irritation may occur due to an allergy, environment factors, other factors, or when your skin is exposed to soap or sweat for long periods. In this case, stop using your Galaxy Watch and wait 2 or 3 days for the symptoms to ease. If the symptoms persist or worsen, immediately call your doctor.
  • Make sure your skin is dry before wearing your Galaxy Watch. If you wear a wet Galaxy Watch for a long time, your skin may be affected.
  • If you use your Galaxy Watch in the water, remove foreign materials from your skin and Galaxy Watch and dry them thoroughly to prevent the skin irritation.
  • Do not use any accessories except the Galaxy Watch in the water.
0 Likes
Tony115
Apprentice
Options

What a load of bull the product is faulty and malfunctioning same thing happened to my wrist even around the watch strap I've developed a rash with a burn where the watch face is 

Watchrash8
First Poster
Options

15861561832957185314463503056099.jpg

@Jsmith3304 wrote:

I did l

I read about people getting rashes or burns from their watches. What should I use to clear it up? I will probably never wear my watch again. I really liked it too, but my skin looks really bad because of it. I do not recommend this watch to anyone. My fitbits in the past never burned me.
20191030_114556.jpg

20191030_114615.jpg

Had my galaxy rose gold for almost a year now got it for mother's day love it but recently I have this weird rash or burn under the watch face please help 

0 Likes
marija12990
First Poster
Options

My watch also burned me while I was sleeping. I contacted the service and they checked the watch and said that there are no defects with the watch so it must be an irritation. So it's basically my burn vs their claim that it is all ok. I will never wear it again as I don't want to risk getting burned again.20200502_111954.jpgpic0.jpegPic1.jpeg

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @marija12990 ,

this is not what we expect from our watches and I would like to get more information about this. Are you able to send us a PM from here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597 with the reference number provided by our colleagues so we can investigate this? Have you checked this with your GP?

0 Likes
bleakaquariym
First Poster
Options
this is what my wrist looks like, I regularly remove the watch, clean it and my wrist, make sure the area is dry etc. No allergies and after looking online it seems this is a very common issue which Samsung should be addressing. I've never had this issue with other watches or my Fitbit.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@bleakaquariym: I have sent you a private message regarding this matter. Please can you check this and reply at your earliest convenience, and I will be able to get this escalated for you. 

Kendra1
First Poster
Options

this is what my wrist looks like now as well. Bought my watch almost a year ago. Instantly starting having burns on my wrist. Noticed it was where the band sat. Changed it out to a metal one. And no issues, burns went away. Now yesterday morning woke up with a burn under where the watch sits. I regularly remove the watch, clean it and keep my wrist dry and clean . No allergies to other things.

Has anyone had a solution to this?

0 Likes
Cristal232
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem! I've never had issues with wearing watches before, even when wearing them for a week on end (waterproof). I take the watch off daily and clean it and my wrist, dry them and then put back on.  I have no skin conditions to speak of, and this is the first time this watch has done it and I have been wearing it almost a year now. Why does it suddenly start doing that? How do I prevent it, since I like the watch and use it's functions a lot.

0 Likes