Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating support with faulty ECG.

(Topic created on: 20-03-2021 12:20 PM)
Und3adShr3d
Journeyman
Options
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to come on here and vent my frustrations at Samsung UK support or lack of in my case. I've had my Watch Active 2 for 2 years now and it's been a really great device.

Last week like most people I installed the ECG and blood pressure updates and found that the ECG sensor only gives me a reliable reading around 1 in 10 times. The orange bars jump all over the place and then before the 30 seconds are done I'm thrown back to the ECG screen.

I've read on here and on Samsung's forums that in US they have a dedicated support team to resolve these issues but here in the UK I'm basically being given the run around regardless of which support channel I go down and what I provide as evidence. I have been asked to submit error logs through the members app which I have done several times only to be ignored for a few days with another "Reboot the watch/phone" type reply.
I'm frustrated because like most people on the Samsung US forums I obviously have a faulty ECG sensor, whilst I appreciate that Support need to use things out like factory resets, restarts and updates etc I have jumped through all the hoops yet I still don't have a support ticket open.

If anyone can provide any assistance or support in actually helping me get the sensor looked at it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

22 REPLIES 22
Tony_B
Pioneer
Options

Went onto the UK support page, followed the various prompts, answered some bot-driven questions (most of which are not relevant to the problems), until I was given the option to "chat" on-line with a human.  After 1.5 hours, finally got agreement to "repair under warranty".   

I need a rest now.....

0 Likes
Tony_B
Pioneer
Options

It is not clear from the chat transcript, but I think his name was Amir.  I doubt that you will get any choice on who you chat with, however!

If you go through the chat-bot driven diagnostics and when asked if the last step solved the problem,  you keep selecting the "No" option, you will eventually be given the option of chatting (on-line) with a person.  

You need patience to get to this point (and onwards).  I was chatting with Amir (if it was him) for more than 1.5 hours, and many of the diagnostic/checks that he was asking me to perform, were the same as those requested by the chat-bot.

I suggest doing the diagnostic tests shown in the YouTube video, before getting into this chat process, especially the ECG sensor test, to add weight to your request.

Tony_B
Pioneer
Options

Update:  My watch was collected yesterday by DPD, and is going to "The Repair Station" in Croydon.  I will update this thread when I get feedback

Und3adShr3d
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the advice all, I finally called the 0330 number and persisted on the phone. I eventually got through to a guy called Oscar who was more than helpful. He said there was clearly a hardware issue with the watch and it's already been collected by DPD.

It's nice to know that some of the guys in Samsung support go out of their way to help customers.
0 Likes
Und3adShr3d
Journeyman
Options
I'll do the same, I'm not going to holdy breath as I've heard of several people getting theirs back with the se fault!
0 Likes
Und3adShr3d
Journeyman
Options
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd provide an update. So after getting my watch back from Samsung today I can confirm that my issue has now been resolved after they replaced the faulty sensor. I can take an accurate reading every time and the watch it behaving perfectly.

I just want to say thank you to Oscar @ Samsung UK Support as he was the only person I spoke to that actually helped me. My advice to anyone else having issues like me in getting the watch repaired would be to call their UK 0330 number.
Tony_B
Pioneer
Options

I have had feedback from the repair process.

My watch has had the sensors on the back replaced, together with the side button used for ECG readings.

It is now on its way back, due to be with me on Tuesday.

I will report back on its performance when I get it!

Und3adShr3d
Journeyman
Options
Awesome, hopefully it will work as well as mine now does 👍
Tony_B
Pioneer
Options

I received my repaired Watch 3 on Wednesday.

So far - much improved.

ECG function is much easier to use, with no annoying messages about placing finger on sensor, nor the need to be unconscious to avoid movement!

Blood pressure is likewise much easier to get (occasional freeze at 98% progress) and the numbers seem rather more believable.  I need to do more cross-checking with my cuff monitor to check this.

HR drop-outs whilst walking have reduced to almost zero.

O2 measurements appear to be much closer to those obtained via my Galaxy S8+, which is a definite bonus, if that is accurate.

So, all in all, a very positive outcome, and the process was efficiently operated by Samsung and DPD.

Und3adShr3d
Journeyman
Options
Brilliant, sounds like you're sorted as well mate. Good to hear!