Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

watch

(Topic created on: 20-03-2021 11:56 AM)
Stacey2312
Student
Options
My Samsung watch does not pick up my step count whilst I am pushing my pram. Very frustrating when I walk for hours at a time! Any suggestions what I can do to fix it? 
7 REPLIES 7
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
where is your phone when your out with the pram? if it can be put in a pocket that would probably help
0 Likes
Stacey2312
Student
Options
Yeah I only considered that when I was half way through and put my phone in my pocket. Will try to remember in future but it's annoying watch doesn't pick it up. Thanks 😊
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
or strap the watch to your ankle instead (if the strap will fit comfortably) so it detects the sweeping movement it's after to record steps. shame it can't work out from GPS speed of movement that you are walking and not in the world's slowest car
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
your welcome 😃 it can be annoying my partner was holding her phone in her hand in my car and the steps were flying up I said put the phone in the cup holder and it will stop, they are so sensitive
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
and I think the watch doesn't pick it up because your hand will be at an angle pushing the pram where as normally it would resting down near your leg
0 Likes
Pjc21
Navigator
Options
I also have the same issue, pushing my partners wheel chair.
I can't help but think that a mode on the watch work out screen that allows you to activate and stop recording yet automatically takes the step count from the phone in your pocket would be a good work around here?
0 Likes
Pjc21
Navigator
Options
Oh and just quickly going slightly off topic. My partner has a samsung watch also.
There is no mode for wheel chair user as such for when she is independently pushing herself along.
at the moment her watch thinks she is rowing 😄
samsung if you see these from time to time.. maybe be a little more inclusive in the modes you offer watch users 👍
0 Likes