Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fit E - wrong heart rate measuring

(Topic created on: 29-07-2019 09:13 PM)
SnakeSK
Pathfinder
Options

Hello,

after the last update (ASF1) the band is measuring my HR incorrectly while exercising, it starts to rise sometimes after 2 minutes, sometimes after 10 or 15 minutes, or it wont pick up pace at all. Seems to me like in the last update Samsung introduced some kind of "error correcting" algorhithm. After the workout (or throughout) i can barely breathe, S10 HR shows around 145-149 BPM, chest strap also reporting in this range, along with the machine itself, meanwhile the Fit e is just reporting in the range of 95-105. If I up the difficulty, the band starts to show declining heart rate (eg. going from 101 to 97).fit1.jpg

Image above shows measurements while exercising, measured using S10, and then the screenshot from the Health app

fit2.jpg

This image shows the data AFTER the exercise, and you can clearly see the end measurement using the band in the 90ish range. The valleys are caused after disconnecting, trying another hand, restarting the band several times, never picks up the heart rate correctly even after minutes. I increased the difficulty at 10 minute mark, 15 minute mark, and at 20 minute mark till the end, yet, the end measurement was in the same range as the starting measurement (was in a 160ish range according to the strap).

fit3.jpg

This photo is from times when I had the previous firmware installed, you can clearly see HR rising nearly a minute after starting the exercise and then showing the correct values for the rest of the exercise.

What I tried:

- Cleaning the band, including the pressure vent

- Cleaning the band while exercising (even the contact with the hand)

- Restarting band

- Resetting band w/ and w/o restoring the backup

- Different hand

- Tightening the strap

- Moving the band up a little

- Affects both previous Health and current Health apps (6.5 and 6.6)

Does anyone have a clue what is going on?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
HeshoTheMan
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Mine too is showing false results , actually mine is showing more HR than usual ,also step counter , I were it on my right hand while wearing an Apple watch series 5 on my left hand ,. totaly different ,. .... I guess the last update is responsable for that .

@SnakeSK wrote:

Hello,

after the last update (ASF1) the band is measuring my HR incorrectly while exercising, it starts to rise sometimes after 2 minutes, sometimes after 10 or 15 minutes, or it wont pick up pace at all. Seems to me like in the last update Samsung introduced some kind of "error correcting" algorhithm. After the workout (or throughout) i can barely breathe, S10 HR shows around 145-149 BPM, chest strap also reporting in this range, along with the machine itself, meanwhile the Fit e is just reporting in the range of 95-105. If I up the difficulty, the band starts to show declining heart rate (eg. going from 101 to 97).fit1.jpg

Image above shows measurements while exercising, measured using S10, and then the screenshot from the Health app

fit2.jpg

This image shows the data AFTER the exercise, and you can clearly see the end measurement using the band in the 90ish range. The valleys are caused after disconnecting, trying another hand, restarting the band several times, never picks up the heart rate correctly even after minutes. I increased the difficulty at 10 minute mark, 15 minute mark, and at 20 minute mark till the end, yet, the end measurement was in the same range as the starting measurement (was in a 160ish range according to the strap).

fit3.jpg

This photo is from times when I had the previous firmware installed, you can clearly see HR rising nearly a minute after starting the exercise and then showing the correct values for the rest of the exercise.

What I tried:

- Cleaning the band, including the pressure vent

- Cleaning the band while exercising (even the contact with the hand)

- Restarting band

- Resetting band w/ and w/o restoring the backup

- Different hand

- Tightening the strap

- Moving the band up a little

- Affects both previous Health and current Health apps (6.5 and 6.6)

Does anyone have a clue what is going on?

0 Likes
Options

Same problem here, but with a Garmin HRM band. No one from Samsung answers, ever. Will they ever solve the bug?

0 Likes