Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty or just the way it is

(Topic created on: 04-09-2022 10:22 PM)
techphobia
Apprentice
Options

I've had my Watch5 for a week now, I've given it a chance and yet I'm not getting more than 8 hours of charge even when doing the absolute minimal on it. Is it faulty or is this what's expected?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi @techphobia ,

Your watch is still probably learning and over a period of time should get better.

There are factors that will eat into the battery - continuous HR and stress monitoring and always on display. 'Hey Google's option also eats up battery, if you have Google Assistant turned on. Brightness is another battery sucker - keep it at 40-50% or less as per your preference.

If you have an LTE model, you will need to recharge battery more often compared to the bluetooth model.

For longer battery, turn off features that you don't use.

Hope this helps.

WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Lol, buy a smart watch and disable smart features. 🤣

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
techphobia
Apprentice
Options
Today I tried it with everything turned off, brightness at 25%, it is the LTE version but turned WiFi and data off all day and still only got 7h 45 of battery. Other than turning on Watch only mode which defeats the purpose.
My worry is whilst the battery 'learns' it'll conveniently be longer than the 30 days I have to change my mind about keeping it
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Give it time. My GW4C gives me fantastic battery life.
0 Likes
techphobia
Apprentice
Options
How long? I have 18 days to change my mind if its terrible 😂
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Longer than 18 days. Have you gone for the Pro or just the W5? Obviously the Pro version has a bigger battery but I'd recommend the GW4C. It has honestly got better with age. Plus it's got all the features of the GW5P and a lot cheaper. The battery might be smaller in the GW4C but still a great watch. I've the sensors on manual apart from steps of course. I don't need it telling me every 5 mins that my heart is OK 👍🏻🤣
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
The LTE version is bound to lose battery power quicker because it's searching for a signal all the time. Be it WiFi or network.
0 Likes
techphobia
Apprentice
Options
I've got the 5. Yesterday the battery dropped 7% in an hour at the gym, whilst listening to Spotify, replying to ap few texts and recording the health bit, this morning it dropped 12% walking down the stairs.....
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Possibly return and try a new one, I returned my 5 pro Lte, because Adaptive Brightness sensor was not working.. I am still waiting to hear about my replacement.. I will call them today
0 Likes