Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customisable Run/Interval Training

(Topic created on: 10-02-2022 09:38 AM)
Member_No138090
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I am using the Galaxy Watch (linked to my Galaxy S8). I do lots of different types of runs with just my watch and would like to set up customised training sessions.

Most information i have found directs you to use either the dedicated workout schedule programs OR use the pace-setter option under the workouts. However, I've found neither to be customisable enough to set up the training im after. The pace-setter is still limiting to what you can set.

As an example, I would like to set up interval training as:

- Run 400m 

- 75 second rest

(repeat the above 8 times)

My friends using other brand watches can set these customisable runs before we go, I've found I have to watch the distance and time and keep hitting the manual lap. Am i missing something or is this not possible currently in S Health?

EDIT: Alternatively, is it possible to create our own programs and add them to S Health?

34 REPLIES 34
nucatolo
Voyager
Options

I think I've found what they mean... Just a pre-set distance or duration. I don't remember if it already existed beforephoto_2022-02-10_10-34-06.jpg

So, I'm still waiting for someting really useful....

0 Likes
guinness
Journeyman
Options

It's reallly well hidden 🙄   On your watch:

Go to the Exercise tile, tap More, then swipe to the Running disc.   
Tap the Settings gear at the bottom
Turn on Target, then select Interval
You will then be able to set the interval timing and repeat sets etc.

Once set, it seems to remain as the default running profile until you change it.

I believe you're supposed to be able to do the same through the Samsung Health app, by clicking on Exercise > Running, then setting an Interval target, but I still don't see that option even after installing the latest app version. 

nucatolo
Voyager
Options

Thanks! It's what I was looking for!

I would like to set more workout duration (you can set max 2 workout duration/distance). But It's good enough at this time

Members_O52kZFJ
First Poster
Options

Hi, did you ever find away to do this. I have the Samsung watch and i am wanting to set up a training programme to run for 1 minute and walk for 1 minute and so on. Do you know if this is possible and how?

0 Likes
Dawid Dettlaff
Student
Options

On Active2 I don't see Interval at all.

0 Likes