Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customisable Run/Interval Training

(Topic created on: 14-09-2021 09:02 AM)
Member_No138090
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I am using the Galaxy Watch (linked to my Galaxy S8). I do lots of different types of runs with just my watch and would like to set up customised training sessions.

Most information i have found directs you to use either the dedicated workout schedule programs OR use the pace-setter option under the workouts. However, I've found neither to be customisable enough to set up the training im after. The pace-setter is still limiting to what you can set.

As an example, I would like to set up interval training as:

- Run 400m 

- 75 second rest

(repeat the above 8 times)

My friends using other brand watches can set these customisable runs before we go, I've found I have to watch the distance and time and keep hitting the manual lap. Am i missing something or is this not possible currently in S Health?

EDIT: Alternatively, is it possible to create our own programs and add them to S Health?

34 REPLIES 34
milsans33
First Poster
Options

It's a virtually large thing for runners like me and those that exercise in fashionable. The best alternative is to sale the watch and and other devices as you cansee. Can you please add this feature to the watch to make a customisable c programming language?

0 Likes
db1988
First Poster
Options

This issue is still not fixed and it's inexcusable really that a Galaxy Active watch that claims to be a sport watch does not allow the user to create their own running workouts.  Is there a way to reach out to Samsung directly to fix this?

RafaFigueiredo
First Poster
Options

About 10 years ago I had a Garmin Forerunner that had this feature! It's amazing that Samsung still doesn't have that available in 2021. As mentioned in previous posts, this is the ONE feature that will make me move to another watch... probably a new Garmin.

0 Likes
Gnzlo
First Poster
Options

same here

0 Likes
Activejvn
Apprentice
Options

It's very disappointing, it shouldn't be so difficult to implement this function!

How can it be a sport watch?!?

0 Likes
Speed2
Journeyman
Options

+1 Need this Samsung

0 Likes
note-lisa
Explorer
Options

+1 vote for my GW4

0 Likes
Mmassuncao
First Poster
Options

How could it be that more than a year and 2 watches later and still no customizable lap training/fartlek function avaliable! That is a shame

0 Likes
keltik79
First Poster
Options

I was looking for something exactly like this. I'm a beginner when it comes to running and I was hoping for an easy 60/120 option to improve my speed and breathing. Having to keep looking at my watch is distracting and hurts my form. I want to be able to set 120 seconds jog, 60 second sprints without having to download another app. Come on Samsung!!!

0 Likes
nucatolo
Voyager
Options

I have red that a new interval target has been released with the last update of yesterday.

Does Someone know how it works ? 

nucatolo_0-1644485299446.png

0 Likes