Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting a heart rate monitor belt to Galaxy Watch5 Pro

(Topic created on: 24-01-2023 04:47 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi All,
I am hoping somebody has information about it: I would like to connect a heart rate monitor belt (chest-strap) to the watch. This would allow me to monitor heart rate when I can't wear my watch (such as when working with kettlebells).

Samsung customer service suggested to try to connect the belt to my watch using bluetooth. This doesn't work because the watch doesn't recognize the Suunto Smart Sensor bluetooth belt.

However, I did manage to connect the same belt to Samsung Health on my Galaxy S21 Ultra.

I have two questions I hope to get some help on:

- Anyone knows if Watch5 can connect via bluetooth to Suunto Smart Sensor bluetooth heart rate monitor belt? If so, how?

- If not, is there any heart rate chest strap by any other manufacturer that can work with Watch 5 Pro?

(Samsung unfortunately doesn't manufacture this accessory, but I hope its watch can still connect to one.)

28 REPLIES 28
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
I use the same watch and have a Polar chest strap. Aa far as I know, the watch is just designed to use its own heart rate monitor, not a third party one aswell.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thanks for the note!

It means that you couldn't connect your polar chest strap to your Galaxy Watch5 either - is that correct?

smg1
Helping Hand
Options
Yes, definitely. I tried a few times. The galaxy watch5 Pro just uses its own heart monitor.

I also trued to connect the Polar chest strap to the Galaxy Health App and this didn't work either.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Sorry to hear that.

I find it sad that such an expensive high-end watch with sports and health features can't connect to any heart rate monitor belt. 

There must be many customers before you and me who tried this. Strange that it's so hard to find info about it. We are only two people, not really a representative sample... or did hear about anyone else in the same shoes? 🙂

smg1
Helping Hand
Options
I tried to surch on Google for any information and found nothing, therefore I gave up and just accepted the watch5 data
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I see... thanks for the info!

0 Likes
Catelp
Journeyman
Options

Google Fit (Google's version of Samsung Health) connects to any Bluetooth heart rate monitor that exists. :smiling-face:

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

That's a good thing, thanks for the tip!

Did you actually connect your BT heart rate monitor to the watch using Google Fit?

my problem is that the watch itself doesn't recognize the Suunto Smart Belt as a bluetooth device. When I am searching for BT devices, it just doesn't show up on the watch. So I am afraid even if I download Google Fit, there was no way to connect it to the chest strap if the watch doesn't recognize that.

Yellow7080
Student
Options

I've connected my polar belt to fit on the watch. Works great. I wish Samsung health on the watch would allow me to do the same. It's a shame Samsung health can't do this. Samsung please did this!!