Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Completely New Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 05-07-2023 12:09 PM)
noodlesyrup
Journeyman
Options

I got the watch as a gift around 3 days ago and my gosh, I've never had a watch that runs out of battery THIS quick. It chops through like 10% every hour, and its unbearable. All my watches last more than a day or two except this one. Especially because its such a nice gift, and its got so many new features. How do I fix it? I've tried everything.

f_Wkt0Zm5wO6PIEs9CqdbjyMeXizV3cLUv.png

Is there a fix for this or do I have to live with it? PLEASE do not tell me to turn off any features - i've tried everything I can: Every single connection is off, AOD off. 

Galaxy Watch4 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
keith30
Mastermind
Options
Try to enable power saving mode as looking at your screenshot it's switched off to see if that makes any difference, if not then you probably have to live with it. It's a known problem with some of the watches.
noodlesyrup
Journeyman
Options

Tried that already, barely does a thing. Adds like an hour extra. The watch currently gives me 16h on 100%, which is highly inaccurate too as it goes down quicker than that.

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My GW4 classic only ever lasted me a 1.5 days give or take a few hours, it's the reason I upgraded to GW5 Pro

Other on here have reported over 2 days, but I never saw that myself
0 Likes
noodlesyrup
Journeyman
Options

seriously, i dont know how you guys are getting 24+ hours. maybe its just my luck. but i cannot believe that people can get 2 days out of this when it can barely give me half a day

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

I get about 40 hours per charge on my GW4 Classic 46mm BT version. AoD is turned off. Stress measurement is on manual and Heart rate is set to measure every 10 mins. Wifi and location are always on (the watch internally turns them on/off as required, I think) and no power saving. Notifications are turned on and I wear the watch all the time.

Screenshot_20230705_105356_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.jpg

On smaller sized watches, the battery is smaller. The battery duration will go down accordingly.

Do you use Google Assistant and is Het Google turned on?

StephK1
Options

Hey @noodlesyrup! Do you by any chance have the LTE version of the Watch4? If so, being in a low-signal area can drain the battery as it is constantly searching for a connection. May be worth checking. 🙂

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have never got that much

I have everything on, nothing off except heart rate every 10 mins I think, I used to max 1.5 days
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Battery starts draining if I use Spotify or Samsung Health (when heart rate sensor and GPS get into action) for a longer duration.

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Explains alot as I have health running all the time
0 Likes