Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big problem with "Do not disturb mode" on Watch 4 Classic

(Topic created on: 27-03-2022 10:35 PM)
Walmiltur
Navigator
Options

Hi guys, i have a huge problem with "Do not disturb mode" on my Watch 4 Classic.

Preamble: i don't have the DND synched between watch and phone, i want to keep them separate. On the phone i have the exception on the calls, so this means that even with DND on, my phone still receive the calls.

That said, my problem is that if on my wathc i turn the DND on , i still receive the phone calls. The screen stays off, but the watch still rings. If i remove the exceptions on my phone tho, the watch doesn't ring anymore, but this doesn't make any sense since i don't have the DND synch between watch and phone.

I had a Watch 4 (not Classic) few weeks back and it behave the same way. Can someone please help me to understand what's wrong? Thank you a lot.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't know what is wrong

I have mine synced so dnd has the same setting and exception is across both phone and watch

On the phone there a default setting that is greyed out that if someone calls you several times one after another it rings out as to ensure you don't miss urgent call
0 Likes
Walmiltur
Navigator
Options

I guess that you have not read what i wrote. I took me time to wrote it and it's pretty detailed. What is wrong is that i don't have the DND synched with the phone, so it should't ring even if i have exceptions on my phone.

0 Likes
Walmiltur
Navigator
Options
Can someone make a test for me? If you have a Samsung phone can you follow these steps and tell me if your Watch rings when you receive a call?
1)disable the do not disturb sync between watch and phone inside the Wear App
2)set the do not disturb call's exceptions on the phone (but don't turning on the do not disturb on the phone)
3)turn on the do not disturb on the watch
4)receive a call and check if the watch's screen turn on and if the watch rings.

Thank you to all whom will be so kind to help me.
0 Likes