Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced running metrics not being recorded - Galaxy Watch 3

(Topic created on: 26-08-2020 08:37 PM)
Mekerz
Explorer
Options

So far I've been running twice with my new Galaxy Watch 3 (Bluetooth 45mm version if that helps at all) and on the second run, the watch has only recorded advanced running metrics (asymmetry, contact time etc) for about 7 minutes of the 25 minute run.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have to admit, this is disappointing for a £400 wearable. I came from the Galaxy Watch which was awful for tracking altitude - it told me peak of Mount Snowdon was below sea level and that was despite syncing the altitude via the altitude app prior to ascending. Why do I keep throwing money at brands that continually let me down?

Also the watch screen wouldn't turn on during the run when twisting my wrist to look at the screen, even twisting the bezel and clicking either of the two side buttons wouldn't get the screen to wake up.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Shnookerdookies
Voyager
Options
this watch is trash for anything remotely to do with health tracking
doesn't track correct steps
doest track correct distance/ calories at swimming
don't trust it one bit to track my health data its trash compared to my 2year old apple watch 4.
I'm sending it back and going to get a garmin fenix 6x pro
0 Likes
Mekerz
Explorer
Options

Thankfully steps and distance tracking seem accurate to me and dare I say it, altitude/floor tracking also seems to be accurate vs how comically bad it is on the original Galaxy Watch.

I have often craved for an Apple Watch, but I just don't want an Apple phone due to how locked down they are. E.g. Firefox isn't really Firefox on an Apple device as they still have to use WebKit as the rendering engine, CarPlay isn't a patch on Android Auto, especially when Google have to follow Apple's UI for Google Maps - plus Siri is just a toy compared to Google Assistant.

0 Likes