Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active watch 2 not counting reps during workout

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 08:52 AM)
nclifford
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung galaxy active watch doesn't work! Its gyroscope seems unable to detect movement when trying to count reps for a number of exercises. It's intermittent. Sometimes it's slow to start. Other times it starts counting but missed reps, other times it freezes. It also fails to detect stretches when reminded of hourly movement.

Is anyone else having these issues or is my watch broken? Please post replies.

20 REPLIES 20
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @nclifford! Try updating the software of the watch by heading to: Galaxy wearable app > About watch > Update watch software > Update now. Also, have you set up Samsung Health on your mobile device? Try also turning the Location off and on via: Settings > Connections > Location > Toggle this off and on. 

Hfg
First Poster
Options

Mine does this too. Ended up just recording it as a general workout because I couldn't figure out how to make it work. 

nclifford
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for the tips carol.

I  have done all that you suggested but the watch it still temperamental. Sometimes it works ok, other times it goes into 'get into position for workout' but doesn't count reps when you start doing exercise. This happens when doing cruchies or press ups and if you try doing arm curls it stays in get ready state forever.

Is my watch faulty? Should I return it to the shop for a replacement?

CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Right, I see. Switch the Location OFF and ON now: Menu > Settings > Connections > Location > Switch it OFF and ON. Also, turn the Power Saving Mode off and make sure that the Samsung Wearable app on the paired mobile device is fully up to date. Should this not help then you can request a replacement to the retailer or have your watch checked in one of the Samsung Support Centres

0 Likes
nclifford
Journeyman
Options

Hi

Ok I have done all you suggest and the software states it's upto date.  I have even restarted my watch and phone but still no improvement.

I'll head for the store for a replacement then.

Thanks for your help.

Is this a known issue?

CarloL
Hotshot
Options

You are welcome! This isn't a common issue as far as I'm aware but I will definitely pass this feedback on to the relevant team for you.

0 Likes
Cmostamo
First Poster
Options
Hi,

I had the same issue, but I knew that gyroscope was working properly because tilt to wake was working.

So after digging deep in setting, I realized that there is an option for which wrist the watch is on

If you selected the work out, for example curls, and then pressed on the three dots, you'll find the option within for which wrist, I wear it on the right wrise and when I changed the option from left to right, it started counting everything and detecting properly

Hope this helps
Andrew-M
Student
Options

I seem to be having the same issue with the Galaxy Watch. It's software is up to date, tried resetting it, turning location off and on again, clearing cache, updating the health app and making sure all apps are up to date. The step counter doesnt seem to work properly and the rep counter is intermittent, it just doesnt count reps correctly at all. When it does count reps it always misses reps. I have had the watch for around a month and it's never worked. Do you think the watch is faulty? Shall I take it back to the shop and get a new one?

cshona
Apprentice
Options

me too! never once worked. and the online chat support just kept telling me to factory reset the watch.

0 Likes