Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom video conferencing

(Topic created on: 18-04-2020 10:22 AM)
DrPepper1
Explorer
Options

Hi all, just bought a UE55RU7020KXXU Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV.  I want to zoom with friends tonight and not sure if I can do this via the tv?  I serached to put it on as an app but cant get it, I t can sign in to account on the internet on TV.  Can anyone let me know if it can be done and talk me through what to do?  Thanks

33 REPLIES 33
FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options

Sadly no you cant however you can possibly mirror your phone to your TV? This maybe a way round it. I have not tried this myself with Zoom but have with other things. Might be worth a try. I am sorry I cant be of more help, someone else may pick up the chat and suggest other options as well so keep an eye. 

Thank you and keep safe

0 Likes
DrPepper1
Explorer
Options

ahh ***** it never mind.  May be a bit too techical for me to do the phone and tv thing, hopefully someone can advise.  thanks for answering promptly 

0 Likes
FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options
No problem, take care.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@DrPepper1  whilst have not screen mirrored Zoom  or video calling apps myself yet, a few methods   you could try with some detail in the links.   Depends to extent on handset but you can use Smart View/Smart Things, Chromecast and other software such as Apower Mirror.

https://www.samsung.com/what-is-screen-mirroring-how-to-connect-your-smartphone-to-your-tv 

https://airmore.com/mirror-android-screen-tv 

If you have a laptop with a  decent  screen size  that would also be an alternative if desired.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

DrPepper1
Explorer
Options

Thanks James, we did managed to use smartview which worked well.  Thanks for links 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DrPepper1, good to hear Smart View worked well with Zoom.

Hopefully the information will prove beneficial to anyone who wishes to try mirroring by any other method.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Kristinab
First Poster
Options

Interested to read this query.  I also want to use my phone/TV connection to use Zoom.  I can  get my phone to connect with TV via Smart View app, I seem only to be able to show photos, videos and play music via this app.  Looks like the originator of the question has had success with Zoom , could someone please suggest how I can get Zoom to work with my Samsung phone and Samsung TV please.

AndrewL
Options

Hi guys. If you don't have any luck with Smart View then I have read that it might be possible to mirror Zoom via Google Chromecast. There is also a Zoom desktop app for PC/Mac, therefore you could connect to Zoom via your home computer, and connect that to your TV as a workaround.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I just done a quick test on an S10, with Smart Things go into the connected Tv Room-Click the 3 Dots and the first option is Mirror Screen (Smart View)   Everything including Zoom  was working  ok .  (everything you go into on phone  is displayed on Tv screen.  With the actual Smart view app though I could only use the phone to operate Tv and the Smart apps.