Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube New Redesigned Version?

(Topic created on: 06-04-2018 03:34 PM)
SINCE
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am not sure when it did happen but my Youtube app on Samsung KS9500 was updated to a new look / design some time ago which I was very happy with.

2-3 weeks ago, suddenly it was downgraded to its original version and even if I tried to reinstall it, nothing changed; it is the basic old version that I get at the end. I even could not find any screenshot of that new version on the Net. 

Only thing I could find was a redesigned version of Youtube for AndroidTVs which looks like attached image and this was the application I used and loved on my Samsung. There is no chance that I am mistaken about that; I used it :)))

When I called local Samsung support, they even could not understand what I am talking about -where I started to thing that I was dreaming as I could not find any image of that version for Samsung-

Does anyone knows what happened to the new redesigned version and I wonder if there are people aroung who still can use that new version? If you have it, please respond to this message with the version number so that I can specifically ask for that to local support.

Thank you,

Serhat

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@SINCEwrote:

Hello,

I am not sure when it did happen but my Youtube app on Samsung KS9500 was updated to a new look / design some time ago which I was very happy with.

2-3 weeks ago, suddenly it was downgraded to its original version and even if I tried to reinstall it, nothing changed; it is the basic old version that I get at the end. I even could not find any screenshot of that new version on the Net. 

Only thing I could find was a redesigned version of Youtube for AndroidTVs which looks like attached image and this was the application I used and loved on my Samsung. There is no chance that I am mistaken about that; I used it :)))

When I called local Samsung support, they even could not understand what I am talking about -where I started to thing that I was dreaming as I could not find any image of that version for Samsung-

Does anyone knows what happened to the new redesigned version and I wonder if there are people aroung who still can use that new version? If you have it, please respond to this message with the version number so that I can specifically ask for that to local support.

Thank you,

Serhat

Does resetting the Smart Hub make no difference either,also ensure you have the latest firmware though may well not  be the issue. Perhaps there were issues with the Youtube version you were using.  Ks owners may be better able to advise, in the MU series I have version 2.1.448 which was updated on 21/02/18 .

4CF24B2B-D753-4DBB-9B24-A5DF915CDAE5.jpeg

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Misiek85
Pioneer
Options

I know exactly what you are talking about. You didn't dream it. I trying to find out what happened to the new version myself. I was great. I don't know why they downgraded it to that poor version.

0 Likes
Misiek85
Pioneer
Options

I found that when you type this address in the browser you will get the latest youtube design.

www.youtube.com/tv

For some reason tv doesn't translate it correctly.

Misiek85
Pioneer
Options

@JAMES4578 That's funny because I am using exactly the same version updated on the same day, but the youtube on my tv looks like an old version. The tv is 55MU7070. I don't understand this at all.

SINCE
Apprentice
Options

Hello All,

This weekend (10.03.18), Youtube redesigned version came back. I did not perform any specific action. Just as a precaution not to loose that again, I turned off "automatic updates" at Application folder settings. 

It was interesting to see that TV was logged off from my Samsung account which I will not login again until it is very very necessary. (It is not clear to me what kind of a logic is running for TV's application updates)

I see that Spotify is also updated to a newer version. It is interesting to see at application center that Youtube screeenshots and version is still shown as the old one. 

Come on Samsung, pay some attention to these updates... These are the key components of nowadays TVs....

For your information; I hope all received the new version as it is really more useful and functional.

Regards,

Serhat

0 Likes
Misiek85
Pioneer
Options

And mine has still an old layout. Funny thing the store shows me that it's been updated on 8.03.18, but the version haven't changed. It is still 2.1.448. WTF?

Edit. I got the new layout as well. I had to reset the smart hub.

Gustaf
First Poster
Options

Does anyone here experience any performance problems with 2.1.488 ?

Recently videos has started to buffer alot and load very slowly.

Tried reinstalling the app, did not help.

Resetting the whole TV helped for a few minutes and then the problem was back.

0 Likes
Misiek85
Pioneer
Options

Have you tried to restart your router?

0 Likes
Gustaf
First Poster
Options

Yes of course.

And it's only my TV that has these issues.

All other things connected to the same wifi runs perfect.

It started a few weeks ago.

Sadly I can't pinpoint the exact day it started, but somwhere around when the Youtube app was updated.

0 Likes