Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

XBOX Series X - Q80T Game Mode Issues

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 07:34 AM)
gravelcrowman
Journeyman
Options

So I received my Xbox Series X today, connected it to HDMI 4 using the bundled HDMI 2.1 cable and everything was fine until...I tried to play a game. Settings on the console were 4K, 120hz with HDR10 on auto and VRR enabled. As soon as I start a game my Q80T (55 inch) disconnects from the Xbox and shows a no signal error. From here I can press the Xbox button on the controller and switch apps and then I get significant screen tearing and flickering in menus. 

As soon as I disable VRR on the Xbox it works fine. Hoping someone else has tested this with other cables or can offer solutions.

This guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8-6DmN9Gw4&feature=youtu.be was able to demonstrate that 4K 120hz with Freesync was possible on PC, so I'm hoping an update to TV or Xbox firmware will sort it out. 

Edit: as Kyljaiden pointed out, some regions have version 1403 firmware. To clarify, I'm in Australia and we do not have that firmware update as yet and are stuck on 1402. Need to wait for confirmation from another user that 1403 replicates the 120hz VRR issues. 

Edit2: Daparky shared this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/known-issues-on-xbox-series-xs/221c9d7f-d... confirming that Microsoft are aware of the issues. 

Edit3: SOLVED - a number of users have reported that 1403 firmware fixes the issue I've detailed. Unfortunately some regions do not have access to this firmware yet and will simply need to wait until Samsung push out the updates locally. 

Go to solution
214 REPLIES 214
MrMADG
Journeyman
Options

I have just emailed Samsung Australia Support about this issue and I have provided the link to this thread. 

Hopefully this gets resolved ASAP. 

Jardo86
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue after 1403 update on Q80T with Nvidia RTX 3080 card (bright flickering is visible even in Pendulum test, game menus and game-plays. In some games it is more visible than in others)

0 Likes
Jardo86
First Poster
Options

Let us know it 1403 helped you. I got this update yesterday, but it didn't fix this bright flickering issue for me on Q80T.

0 Likes
Kyljaiden
Apprentice
Options

theres a difference in using the current HDMI 2.1 TVs with the PS5, Xbox Series S or the new RTX 3000series cards.  If it's fixed for the consoles it may also be a driver issue from nvidia that needs to be fixed. For example the 3000 series cards have issues with the sonyx900h 4k 120hz but not the PS5. TV will get a firmware update for the cards in some future.

0 Likes
Luk4shO
Journeyman
Options

I have 2020 Q95T and on my Series X @4K60 with VRR I get white flicker in games cutscenes (Mafia DE & Gears 5). Running 1403 FW on TV. Could not test 4K120 as my Denon AVR is affected with HDMI 2.1 bug preventing it from working. So, is that flicker issue caused by TV or XSX?

0 Likes
scientist1981
Journeyman
Options

I am also having the scrolling grey scanlines issue on dark grey backgrounds on my Series X and Q80t with 4k 120hz VRR enabled on console and Game mode on TV. First noticed it in tetris effect when you turn on HDR in the game menu. I'm running the latest UK firmware update.

bl4ck09
First Poster
Options

The issue is not fixed for me with 1403, I still have problems with the Series X and some games (i.e. Halo 5 or Doom Eternal) where sometimes it works (mostly if Quick Resume kicks in) and sometimes it does not... the TV is mostly unresponsive then and it's really hard to navigate the menus but if I manage to disable the game mode (which disables VRR) and press the guide button on the Xbox controller, it works again and I can re-enable game mode. Q95T/4K120/VRR/10Bit.

0 Likes
Chaky87
Journeyman
Options

What is the right setting xbox series x??

HDR games vrr + Q80t game mode not good!! 😞

0 Likes
Chaky87
Journeyman
Options

assassin's creed valhalla(xbox series x) Q80T 4k@120hz VRR on, Game mode on = not good! (Flash screen) Firmwire version 1403..

I need a new FW version! 

0 Likes
daparky
Pathfinder
Options

Why is it not good? What is the problem?

0 Likes