Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

XBOX Series X - Q80T Game Mode Issues

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 09:30 PM)
gravelcrowman
Journeyman
Options

So I received my Xbox Series X today, connected it to HDMI 4 using the bundled HDMI 2.1 cable and everything was fine until...I tried to play a game. Settings on the console were 4K, 120hz with HDR10 on auto and VRR enabled. As soon as I start a game my Q80T (55 inch) disconnects from the Xbox and shows a no signal error. From here I can press the Xbox button on the controller and switch apps and then I get significant screen tearing and flickering in menus. 

As soon as I disable VRR on the Xbox it works fine. Hoping someone else has tested this with other cables or can offer solutions.

This guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8-6DmN9Gw4&feature=youtu.be was able to demonstrate that 4K 120hz with Freesync was possible on PC, so I'm hoping an update to TV or Xbox firmware will sort it out. 

Edit: as Kyljaiden pointed out, some regions have version 1403 firmware. To clarify, I'm in Australia and we do not have that firmware update as yet and are stuck on 1402. Need to wait for confirmation from another user that 1403 replicates the 120hz VRR issues. 

Edit2: Daparky shared this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/known-issues-on-xbox-series-xs/221c9d7f-d... confirming that Microsoft are aware of the issues. 

Edit3: SOLVED - a number of users have reported that 1403 firmware fixes the issue I've detailed. Unfortunately some regions do not have access to this firmware yet and will simply need to wait until Samsung push out the updates locally. 

214 REPLIES 214
Solution
Members_D3Q4EZB
First Poster
Options

I was facing the same issue and can confirm that after updating to 1403 everything is working properly on 4K 120Hz.

CypherXCII
Navigator
Options

i have horizontal lines when i enable freesync. the lines are mainly visible with dark / gray backgrounds. i have a q95t tv. does anyone also suffer from this?

Zygfryt
Apprentice
Options

I have 1403 version (Poland) and I have exactly the same issue as creator of this topic.

//Edit
I downloaded latest firmware (1403.1) from https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/ site and it seems working properly now. :smiling-face:

Tigermuppetcut
First Poster
Options

I was freaking out having this problem (UK) but the firmware update for the q80t fixed it. Just now. 

0 Likes
DoubleTerpGamer
First Poster
Options

Received my console a few hours ago and had the same issue. Installed 1403 firmware and the issue is fixed. 

EDIT: Should note that I also have the Q80T.

0 Likes
Sam1717
First Poster
Options

I couldn't seem to be able to install the update via usb? How did you do this?

0 Likes
fyn016
First Poster
Options

Same problem I'm from middle east region in Kuwait my TV is on 1402 

0 Likes
Midden12
Student
Options

Here in sweden, the latest firmware for the Q82 Q70R that I have, is 1372!

Everything is fine except that I cant get 4K and 120hZ! I have the new HDMI cable from the xbox package in HDMI4! If i choose 4K it degrades to 60hZ! If i choose 120hZ it degrades it to 1440p in the xbox settings 😞 Dont know what more to try!

0 Likes
MuRFi3
Explorer
Options

I have same issue, any idea when Australia will get the 1403 firmware update for the Q80T 55"

Zygfryt
Apprentice
Options

As far as i know TVs from 2019 have not HDMI 2.1.

0 Likes