Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why The Brightness Auto Adjust Doesn’t Work?

(Topic created on: 22-07-2022 01:46 PM)
armans
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I’m experiencing an issue with the art mode.

ive tested several parameters and I didn’t find a way to make the brightness in art mode adaptative to the ambient light: too dark during the day and too bright in the evening….

any advise would be welcome.

9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@armans: Please try heading to Home > Settings > General > Eco Solutions > Ambient Light Detection > On > Minimum Backlight > Manually adjust the minimum brightness of the TV screen to consider the brightness level of the surroundings. This will only work if the value is set lower than the applied settings in Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Backlight. 

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
jeffthegolfer
First Poster
Options

Curious if this worked. 

0 Likes
DDoerksen
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue and this solution doesn't help for me. All the settings you mention are helpful for the TV in general but don't seem to affect Art mode at all. Art is still much too dim during the day. 

We've tried reducing or eliminating as much ambient lighting as possible, but it's still too dark. 

Other options?

DeuceC
First Poster
Options

I found a settting in the Smart Things app that lets you set the brightness for Art Mode. Tap on the Settings menu in the app (3 vertical dots in the upper right corner), then Art Mode Settings. From within that you can adjust the brightness and color tone. Just setting it up for the first time, so not sure if it will stick, look good at night, etc…

0 Likes
Charlmy
Student
Options

I have the same issue. Automatic Brightness Adjustment only works in TV mode but not in Art mode, please tell me this is just a settings problem. Samsung are you listening?

Berticus
Student
Options

I have the same issue and am wondering if it’s just a limitation in art mode. Certainly having the brightness adjust based on ambient lighting would make art mode look so much more realistic throughout the day. 

0 Likes
jeffthegolfer
First Poster
Options

I’m not sure if it was a firmware update but ours has improved a lot. We stayed away from white borders to try to make it look more realistic but don’t have to worry about that anymore. Not sure what changed but it’s much improved. 

0 Likes
Berticus
Student
Options

I was playing around with this a bit more and it turns out that it is capable of increasing the brightness in art mode when it detects more light. The problem is I had to shine a light right at the sensor for it to actually increase the brightness. The normal daylight conditions in the room aren’t bright enough to do this. 
Also related to this, when using night mode, there’s no problem turning off at night but it doesn’t turn back on in the morning. 
I suspect everyone will have their tvs setup in different environments some of which may be brighter or darker than others. It would be nice to be able to configure the light sensitivity. 

0 Likes
Can yuksel
First Poster
Options

Hi, ı have the same problem ,problem is sensor just under the frame and certain conditions tv itself shade this sensor, this will cause a problem..

0 Likes