Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the infrared remote sensor located in the One Connect box of the QLED 2019 TVs?

(Topic created on: 03-05-2019 10:38 PM)
UPafus
Journeyman
Options

I'd like to use my sonos sytem with the remote of my 2019 QLED Sonos TV to adjust the volume of the TV set.

The one connect box is place in a wooden drawer of my furniture. Unfortunately it seems that the Infrared signal is not well received by the One Connect box. So I can only turn up/down volume when I am very close by the One connect box (less then 1 meter).
Can you please tell me where exactly in the OCbox the sensor is located? - And if there is any planning to sell a (cable based mini-remote sensor) to avoid this problem.

Is there any other other idea how to solve this problem?

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27
Auke00
Apprentice
Options

I have now located the IR Transmitter.

Once I setup the universal remote under the Samsung Souce setup page and using a digital (Phone ) camera I can see the IR light flickering in the front of Samsung one remote.

So bassically you are adding an infrared function to the "one remote" controller.

My Sonos Playbar is now controlled by the Samsung TV remote.

(Don't forget to set audio ouput to optical audio and turn off TV speakers)

0 Likes
Auke00
Apprentice
Options
Dominic,
I have exactly the same setup with the same issues. One connect box behind wall in cupboard. But All is working fine now.!!
The IR transmitter in the "one remote" needs to be activated. See later posts on the subject from Atone for instructions.
0 Likes
JDeltree
First Poster
Options

Atone, you are the best. So happy I was able to solve this for my Sonos Playbar using your instructions. I do have a cable box in another compartment in my console separate from the compartment where I have the OCB. Are there any IR extenders one can purchase to wire from the once connect to the other compartment?

0 Likes
Jhvidb
First Poster
Options

Omg, a have searched for this solution everywhere. Why is this detail not posted on sonos homepage. This is essensial. 

Thx so much

0 Likes
Slick
Student
Options

I'm piggy backing on your question.  I have the EXACT same issue.  I would have thought that the IR Extender would be there, with this being presented as and all in one box that can be hidden behind walls etc...    I bought 3 of "The Frame" televisions for my new place and now all of my sonos playbars will not work with it.  😞

0 Likes
Slick
Student
Options

I don't think extending the IR is an optioon on the 202 model of the Frame one connect box (unless I'm blind)!   lol

0 Likes
Auke00
Apprentice
Options

When every thing is setup properly the samsung remote becomes an IR remote interacting with the sonos sound bar. If I block the path between the samsung remote and the sound bar it temp stops working.

rodskogj
First Poster
Options

This is the only place on the Internet I found this info.  It works. One Connect now outputs IR

@Atone wrote:

...search Sonos and select-- Power test * this is where you want to answer "no" to the first "did this power off your device" question... on the second test answer "yes"... this should swap the IR to be sent from the remote and allow you to control the sound bar.

0 Likes