Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN95B high pitch mosquito / fly noise from inside TV

(Topic created on: 18-04-2023 09:33 PM)
webraider
Explorer
Options

Hello all,

I recently purchased a QN95B with 75 inches. The TV is superb, I am very satisfied principally. Picture and sound are top.

However I discovered an issue. When the TV is in standby, there is a strange high pitched noise coming from inside the TV. I located it and it comes from the spot where the cable of the One Connect Box goes into the TV. It does not come from the One Connect Box itself.

The sound drives me crazy. If its silent, you can hear it from 5+ meters away easily and this is a no-go. I already tried a different One Connect cable, plugged to a different socket, unplugged other devices, unplugged Ethernet cable on the OCB and reseated all HDMI cables... to no avail.

I have seen 3-4 more threads also for other models with the One Connect Box - they even got the Box exchanged but it has nothing to do with it I think.

I am already in contact with my vendor - but shall I even exchange it? Is this just normal for all models with the One Connect Box?

Here is a video (in reality it is even better hearable from far away): https://youtube.com/shorts/CYkxusty3hc?feature=share

It is not always there - but after switching TV to standby or when unplugging/replugging it, it always begins then every 2-5 minutes with this noise. Sometimes the noise stays for 5 seconds, sometimes for 1 minute...

What do you think? Does every model have this? Shall I go for exchanging the TV? Or buy different model?

My other option I was thinking about would be to just order a voice-assisted socket so I can easily turn the TV off completely... but otherwise this noise makes me crazy and I do not want to accept to have paid 2.5k for a TV with a dying mosquito inside 😞

37 REPLIES 37
donce81
Apprentice
Options
I have qn95b 55 I can hear it buzzing sometimes too.
0 Likes
binoix78
Explorer
Options

Exact same problem here on 55QN95B.

An official recognition of the problem would be necessary (+ solution)

0 Likes
webraider
Explorer
Options

Does it come from the same spot on your device too (from TV; where One Connect Cable goes into TV)?

Mine will get picket up now... am curious if they find the reason.

0 Likes
webraider
Explorer
Options

Mine will get picked up now by my vendor. I will let you know if they were able to fix this and what the issue was.

I am still curious whether all TVs with the One Connect Box have this (but most people dont notice it). Because if they cannot repair it, my vendor told me I can give it back.

0 Likes
binoix78
Explorer
Options

Yes exactly.

Now in discussion with my vendor for a replacement (which is what Samsung support told me to do...).

tmontserrat
Explorer
Options

Hi all,

I believe that the audio problem that I have perceived in my QN95B, installed at home 6 days ago, is not the same, but I am commenting it in case that between all of us, we awake Samsung's interest.

In my case, the noise is like broken plastic reverberating (poor quality speaker???), and is reproduced when the TV program or Netflix or Amazon Video, plays a very low sound. I'm not talking about having a deep music concert or anything like that, but movies or series, in which a scene includes a deep sound.

The same scene, played with the sound directed to a home-cinema, has a low, but clear sound, without any noise of broken plastic, reverberation or anything similar...

This was verified by 2 technicians from an Official Technical Assistance Service (but not Samsung directly), who came to my house to do the post-installation tests and calibration, but they told me that I had to contact Samsung and ask for a breakdown to be opened.

For these two technicians, one or more of the speakers had left the factory in bad condition...and they should all be replaced.

I am waiting to receive the call to carry out the repair at home.

The surprise is more unpleasant to see that the picture quality is very good, but that the sound, despite being presented as a new breakthrough, is (at least for the moment), a disaster as if it were from a TV of 15 years ago, when the volume was too high....

If you think this comment should be somewhere else, feel free to point it out¡¡¡¡

Thank you very much and good luck to all of you to find a good technical support at Samsung!

Toni (Barcelona)

TONI
0 Likes
binoix78
Explorer
Options

I received a replacement by my vendor a few days ago.

Starting to hear the same noise from the new TV... 😞

tmontserrat
Explorer
Options

Looks like we will have some extra work to achieve Samsung correct the problem...

Won't stop!!!

TONI
0 Likes
binoix78
Explorer
Options

If anyone has a TV with this issue, would you check if turning TV's Wifi off helps?

I don't think I've heard the buzzing noise since I turned Wifi off a few days ago. My TV is connected via Ethernet so I see any issue with turning wifi off.

Hope this may help