Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN95B high pitch mosquito / fly noise from inside TV

(Topic created on: 18-04-2023 09:33 PM)
webraider
Explorer
Options

Hello all,

I recently purchased a QN95B with 75 inches. The TV is superb, I am very satisfied principally. Picture and sound are top.

However I discovered an issue. When the TV is in standby, there is a strange high pitched noise coming from inside the TV. I located it and it comes from the spot where the cable of the One Connect Box goes into the TV. It does not come from the One Connect Box itself.

The sound drives me crazy. If its silent, you can hear it from 5+ meters away easily and this is a no-go. I already tried a different One Connect cable, plugged to a different socket, unplugged other devices, unplugged Ethernet cable on the OCB and reseated all HDMI cables... to no avail.

I have seen 3-4 more threads also for other models with the One Connect Box - they even got the Box exchanged but it has nothing to do with it I think.

I am already in contact with my vendor - but shall I even exchange it? Is this just normal for all models with the One Connect Box?

Here is a video (in reality it is even better hearable from far away): https://youtube.com/shorts/CYkxusty3hc?feature=share

It is not always there - but after switching TV to standby or when unplugging/replugging it, it always begins then every 2-5 minutes with this noise. Sometimes the noise stays for 5 seconds, sometimes for 1 minute...

What do you think? Does every model have this? Shall I go for exchanging the TV? Or buy different model?

My other option I was thinking about would be to just order a voice-assisted socket so I can easily turn the TV off completely... but otherwise this noise makes me crazy and I do not want to accept to have paid 2.5k for a TV with a dying mosquito inside 😞

37 REPLIES 37
webraider
Explorer
Options

Just a quick update on my case, if anyone is interested - it got picked up for repair (I mentioned multiple times that the sound does NOT come from the One Connect Box because I am afraid they just change it and ship everything back).

It is now waiting for a replacement part - what part they want to replace I do not know. All of this runs over a third party company. What a nightmare.

If I had to bet I would say I get it back in 2-4 weeks and the issue still persists without me knowing what they even did. Fingers crossed (also for all other cases in this thread).

The silver lining: My vendor said he would take it back if this issue still persists... But I really am not sure if I want to go through all the hassle all over again with shipping it back, picking a different model,...

berberon
Explorer
Options

Hi @webraider 

Could you please share your experience here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/933905161193915?

I'm gathering various problems in one place to get a better understanding of the frequency and extent of these issues. Your contribution would be greatly appreciated.

webraider
Explorer
Options

Of course - I already did yesterday 🙂

underkiller
Explorer
Options

Can you tell me what firmware number was your TV shipped with?

0 Likes
berberon
Explorer
Options

T-OSCSBDEUC-1420.9, BT-S

0 Likes
webraider
Explorer
Options

My final update: I received the TV back one week ago, it stated that the mainboard was changed (...?). To come right to the conclusion: It did not solve the issue. I am meanwhile convinced that this problem exists with every model with the One Connect Box but many/most people dont notice it.

One explanation also might be that the sound is much less hearable when the TV is mounted on the wall - because after I decided to keep it because I was fed up with all the shipping back and forth I put it on the wall and since then I can still here the exact same sound, but the TV being so close to the wall seems to help reduce how loud I can hear it, I would say its now 60-70% quieter.

binoix78
Explorer
Options

Hi Explorer,

From my experience, as I had my TV replaced : the first tv did have the problem, and on the second one it's solved. It's not quieter, it's gone (I was really annoyed by the buzz).

I agree maybe some clients may not hear/be bothered by the buzz, but it does not affect all model in the same way.

0 Likes
berberon
Explorer
Options

Actually i just did that my self and since did not hear the noise.

Will keep following

0 Likes
Einspruch
Apprentice
Options

Binoix78, you are correct. The TV will not buzz if WiFi is turned off. If its on it will suck about 22W for 2 to 3 minutes before truly entering standby and the last 1.5 to 2 minutes will be acomponied with the mosquito buzz. Now going to standby will have the TV pull 22w for a few seconds until it enters true standby mode at 1.5w(thats what my smaetplug says though it will likely be the advertised 0.5w,at such low numbers the accuracy isnt the best with any meter) 

I can also confirm that it is indeed the TV that buzzes not the one connect box. As my box is bellow the TV in a rack and I can clearly hear the sound coming from the back of the screen itself, that's probably where the WiFi module is located... 

webraider
Explorer
Options

I believe you that it fixed the problem for you.

However, I can confirm that deactivating WiFi does not fix the buzzing sound for me. I tried it and left it switched off for hours.

0 Likes