Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Voice recognition button not working - Smart Remote + The Frame 2021

(Topic created on: 27-01-2022 11:57 AM)
smoothmedia
Apprentice
Options

I have a brand new The Frame 65" TV, with Samsung Smart Remote.

When I press the voice recognition (microphone) button, nothing occurs on screen.

When I use the remote functionality on the SmartThings app, the voice recognition virtual button works fine, so I know the TV is able to do the command...but for whatever reason my Smart Remote does not send this same command when the button is pushed.

What can I do to fix this?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
AndrewL
Options

@smoothmedia: Are you making sure to press and hold the microphone button on the Smart Remote when you're dictating your command? If so, head to Home > Settings > General > Voice > Voice Assistant, and set this to Bixby to see if this helps. 

Solution
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
smoothmedia
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I am holding the button down. No indicator appears on screen, and it doesn't listen to my commands.   Changing from Google assistant to Bixby or Alexa makes no difference.

Works great if I use the virtual remote in the SmartThings app.

Solution
smoothmedia
Apprentice
Options

Re-pairing my remote worked! The 2 buttons to press were slightly different than what the guides online suggest. Since this is the solar powered remote, it is Play button + Back button. 

Once it re-paired, it worked like a charm. Thanks!

amg100
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Apologies for joining this thread so late but I have the exact same issue as described above by yourself for a recently purchased 55" version of this TV.

Unfortunately, in my case I have tried all of the various measures  recommended here but without success so I  am currently awaiting a replacement smart control which i hope (fingers crossed) corrects the fault .

In the interim i noticed you mentioned the use of the smart things remote and the virtual microphone which you used to used to confirm the tv was okay (great idea!).  I downloaded the app and managed to the the get the 'virtual' control up and working but for the life of me couldn't find the voice control button - could you please point me in the right direction??

Any advice gratefully received!

PS I should add I have managed to connect my Amazon Echo unit to the TV  so it can be controlled by Alexa (and in effect renders the control button redundant)  but still a bit miffed that the smart remote doesnt seem to function correctly. The hope is the replacement will resolve the issue and its not the TV at fault!  😕

0 Likes
koasfkoasofko
First Poster
Options

i spent 2hrs trying to figure out why it wasn't working ty 

0 Likes
amg100
Apprentice
Options

Since writing this post I have received a new smart control and I'm pleased to say it worked first time. If it doesn't following a reset of the tv and control then I wouldn't waste any more of your time as there will be hardware fault somewhere (just hope its the control and not the TV!) . 

I've got a number of Samsung devices and the whole they're fantastic pieces of kit. That said the last TV i bought,  which was top of the range at the time didn't work out the box (replacement required) and this time there was a fault with the control (again a reasonably high end tv, replacement required). My daughter's 32" has also just broken down after 18 months !! There are clearly quality control issues as really failures like this shouldn't occur in this day and age, especially out of the box. I'm still a fan of the brand but can't deny it does make me wonder about the overall quality.... 

ChrisMK
First Poster
Options

Alexa control...UGH! I do NOT have a good handle on how to voice activate/Alexa control my SamsungFrameTV.  Does the EchoDot control things ultimately?

Here’s how I am set up: 

I have the Alexa EchoDot (Gen2), plus everal SonosONE speakers.  [Sonos are unique in that they stream using wifi, not bluetooth, therefore, incoming calls do not interrupt your music, etc.] Each of the SonosOne units is Alexa enabled, each was added to my Sonos & Alexa apps.  Two of those were paired with the Sonos ARC, and all were added to the alexa app, the smart things app, and set up in the TV settings, then grouped as LivingRoom in the Alexa app.   The TV plays great sound through the surround, and when I ask Alexa to stream Music (TV is not invoked), the music connects perfectly.  The sound as a system works perfectly.  This group is EchoDot, Sonos Arc+L&R, and SamsungTV.

When I try to Alexa-control my TV, it does not work as expected.  I can get Alexa to "turn ON TV in Living Room" and “Open Amazon PRIME", but that's it.  If I request a different App (any app, ie “Open HBO Max”), or if I want to  "Change Source to TV", or “ Play/Resume a show I was watching recently”, I get nothing.  Once watching the TV, if I use the Microphone button on the remote, or use Voice Commands with Alexa to search for a movie by name, I expect it to show me where I can find it, prioritized by the active subscriptions on my Samsung. Instead, I get an typical Alexa web-search response that has nothing to do with my TV, defining the item I asked for.  Alexa answers but I don’t think it’s because I pushed the microphone button, I think it’s because she fires off whenever I call out her name.

What. Is. The. Deal.????

One question I have regardless of the SAMSUNG issue: Must the EchoDot be contained in any Room Group that you want it to control? I think of it like "The Group contains the devices you want Alexa to control, but in order for her to control it, it there must an Echo/Dot in the group”. Accurate? I’d think so, but it is NOT in the case of Alexa enabled SonosOne units.  Just plug it in, hook to wifi and call out to Alexa for your services.  So is it true for the TV or not true for the TV that it is ECHO-dependent; that it needs to be in a group that also contains an Echo?  
0 Likes
Anush Gowda
First Poster
Options

This did work like a charm thank you!

0 Likes