Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical red and black bars on screen edge

(Topic created on: 30-05-2020 07:33 PM)
Yassir26
Student
Options

Hello community,

I have a samsung UE46ES5500 TV (which I bought 8 years ago), since 1 year I started noticing some pixel bars on the right edge of the screen in red color. It evolved now and I have a black band starting from screen right edge (band width is approx. 10 pixels), and the red pixel bars moved a little bit inside the screen. It's a bit hard to explain so I attached some pictures as they are better than words.

I am a bit afraid that one day my TV will refuse to switch on so I wanted to know the root cause of this issue.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best Regards,

Yassir20200530_183013.jpg

20200530_182758.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@Yassir26: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TV. Is the problem present on all sources? If you remove any connected external devices from the TV, does the issue persist? If so, go to Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and follow the on screen instructions. If you get any 'Failed' messages at the end, or if the problem is present in any of the tests, then your TV will need to be inspected by an engineer at an authorised Support Centre. To find your nearest one, check the link below, select 'TV & AV > Television' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

Samsung are currently supporting essential repairs only, as per government advice, therefore you may be required to wait until these restrictions are lifted before an engineer can come out to see you. As your TV is outside the 12 month warranty period, this will be a chargeable service. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
0 Likes
Yassir26
Student
Options

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your feedback.

The problem is happening with all sources (and even when playing videos from a USB stick). I ran the picture test as advised and it's still there, so I guess I will need to contact a support center for this...

Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Yassir

CarlH
Options
0 Likes
nathanielct777
Explorer
Options

I am having a similar problem as you but my vertical black/shaded band is center-right and a small band that is center-left on my screen. I bought my Samsung TV - Samsung - 55" Class - LED - NU7100 Series on 4/20/2018  and I can't believe I'm having problems already! I only bought a 2 year extended warranty so I guess shame on me for having faith that Samsung would be reliable and that I wouldn't need the warranty extended past that 2 years. I DEFINITELY will never buy a Samsung TV again and will be going with Sony from here on out.

20210830_111825.jpg

20210830_111938.jpg

0 Likes