Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated QN85B to firmware version 1503.9 and now LOCAL DIMMING STOPPED WORKING!!! BACKLIGHT BLEEDING EVERYWHERE!! PLEASE HELP!

(Topic created on: 13-06-2023 08:36 PM)
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

I have updated through USB stick my QN85B hoping to find the Philips Hue sync app in the app store but now the local dimming of my TV stopped working completely! the image is terrible! if this is not fix I will not buy a samsung product again! And i will inform others about it!! my tv is only one month old!!!!!!!!!!

Please Samsung find me a solution! TV.jpg

184 REPLIES 184
Eben-Smit
Journeyman
Options

Anyone else with experience with the 1520 version?

I read the release notes saying some Home Screen and general improvements. It also states  the local dimming issue has been fixed. 

0 Likes
EddyMe
Journeyman
Options

No issues here with 1520. Where did you read release notes? I have looked but not found 

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

Which tv do you have? 

0 Likes
EddyMe
Journeyman
Options

Qn85b 65"

0 Likes
Eben-Smit
Journeyman
Options

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/tv-firmware-changelogs-on-german-community/td-p/1846870

Update version 1520.7 - August 2023

• General improvements
  • Various minor bug fixes
  • Optimization of Bluetooth connections
  • Fixed local dimming bug
  • Fixed bug in volume control when connecting between The Frame and Slim Soundbar
  • Fixed boot bug
  • Fixed black screen after firmware upgrade
  • Improving the functionality of the home screen
0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

Guys I was the one that started this topic as my tv's local dimming was messed up when I updated to FW version 1503 back in June 2023.

After contacting Samsung's service, they replaced my motherboard and all factory settings came back (FW version 1020). And everything went back to normal.

I am now happy to say that I have updated again yesterday (my TV 65' QN85B) to FW version 1520 and everything seems ok. Also the menu seems to run a little smoother.

I hope everything will be ok from now on.

*Samsung needs to bring HUE SYNC APP.

User20
Pioneer
Options

For me local dimming suddenly broke again...
I called samsung support and now a technician will repair it..

I wouldn't update...

And I think the sync app won't come. Samsung support says they don't have a new date when it will release..

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

which tv do you have? and what FW version?

0 Likes
User20
Pioneer
Options

Tv 85 inch qn90b

Fw 1520.7 (new motherboard)

I thought the tv was fixed but then suddenly when I was watching Netflix with my apple tv it broke again..

The problem is that it just random breaks and if you go back to smart home and so on it will be fixed for a certain time...

And with local dimming breaks I mean that the tv loses all it's colors...

User20
Pioneer
Options

To sum it up NEVER update your tv it just makes it worse

According to some forums it also looses brightness...

0 Likes