Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated QN85B to firmware version 1503.9 and now LOCAL DIMMING STOPPED WORKING!!! BACKLIGHT BLEEDING EVERYWHERE!! PLEASE HELP!

(Topic created on: 08-11-2023 08:09 PM)
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

I have updated through USB stick my QN85B hoping to find the Philips Hue sync app in the app store but now the local dimming of my TV stopped working completely! the image is terrible! if this is not fix I will not buy a samsung product again! And i will inform others about it!! my tv is only one month old!!!!!!!!!!

Please Samsung find me a solution! TV.jpg

184 REPLIES 184
Eben-Smit
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for sharing! I have the same TV (85" QN90B) but original factory motherboard.
Seems not worth the risk at all to update, so I will just keep going with what I have.

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

The 85inch models are using different type of panel. My 65' QN85B uses APS panel while your tv uses VA panel. maybe that's the case why. I have tested everything yesterday and it seems ok. 

Although i still have warranty i hope everything will remain the same.

Anyway it seems to be a software glitch for sure. 

0 Likes
User20
Pioneer
Options

Yeah don't update just dimms your tv breaks local dimming and makes the hud a bit faster... And still no hue sync app

User20
Pioneer
Options

Yes that's true the 85 inch model have the better panel but I think it's regardless of the panel type it's again just a silly software big that can't really be reproduced...

I am just happy that this appears while I'm having guaranty because it just really appeared out of no where...

User20
Pioneer
Options

A technician will look at it and repair it so If I don't forget it I will keep you up to date what the problem should be (because I got a mail that says they bought all the new hardware things and will contact me if it arrives)

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

after almost two months i am happy to say that everything still works great after the last update.

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Anybody elses updated to 1602.2 BT-S just checked this morning no warning of it and not for download on samsung site
G G
0 Likes
Members_Kzbho6l
Student
Options

Mine updated to 1602 overnight, without the auto update function turned on..

Something felt a little off, I felt like there was more blooming than before.

So I checked if it had updated without my permission, and it did.

But the backlight seems to be working ok as far as I can tell.

Not sure what causes the blooming to be so apparent.

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

@Members_Kzbho6l wrote:

Mine updated to 1602 overnight, without the auto update function turned on..

Something felt a little off, I felt like there was more blooming than before.

So I checked if it had updated without my permission, and it did.

But the backlight seems to be working ok as far as I can tell.

Not sure what causes the blooming to be so apparent.

Mine said to update while i was watching yesterday. There were 3 options. To update now, update later (after the tv restarts) and do not update. You probably selected update later. I did not update and it still is on 1520 today. Everything is working great. 

0 Likes
ALEX_CLE
Navigator
Options

I do have auto update off.

0 Likes