Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal remote with Virgin V6 box

(Topic created on: 06-04-2020 12:19 PM)
Kevlar81
Student
Options

Hi there

For over a year now my universal remote has worked perfectly with my V6 box but my V6 had to be replaced recently and my universal remote is now not pausing tv. 

I have tried the following:

° Held down play and back on the universal remote to pair the remote again

° Re-added the V6 box by deleting source, unplugging and plugging back in

° TV factory reset.

Any ideas greatly appreciated

Kev

13 REPLIES 13
LiamS2
Student
Options

Another few phone calls talking to experts...

so it looks like the universal remote shouldn’t work with the Virgin Media V6 box or xbox because neither are compliant with HDMI-CEC. 

what I don’t understand is why the remote worked in the first place. Mine lasted 5 days and stopped, pause button first and then entire remote.

fortunately I own a Logitech harmony remote...

0 Likes
akaVintz
Journeyman
Options

How annoying.

My TV is two weeks old. Out of the box it managed to control my AMP and TIVO box.

Now it just stopped and the test "Channel UP/DOWN" and "Power ON/OFF" of amp do nothing.

Reset the TV hundreds of times, even went to bed last night and left everything turned off at the plug to try and reset any glitch but its still the same this morning.

Annoyed doesn't come close but I guess ill just have to use three remotes.

0 Likes
MarkHughes
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I got a Q95T in December and it’s been driving me mad that I couldn’t get the universal remote to control the virgin v6 even though it’s there in the setup menu, I would go through the setup and when it comes to trying to change the channel up or down.... nothing.

well today... I got it to work... and it wasn’t new HDMI cables or any other things I had read or tried.

annoying it’s only over IR so will only work when I can point my remote at the v6 box but hey.. it’s better than nothing. 

I’m not too technical so am just going to relay exactly what I done.

firstly - I changed my virgin v6 TiVo remote to IR mode (hold down buttons tv and clear) until the light at the top of the remote blinks green twice - pressed the red thumbs down button 3 times and then the OK button at the top of the remote.

Then, I removed the HDMI cable from the virgin V6 box and plugged it back in.

then went through the initial setup again with the universal remote. 
After clicking channel up and it not working I was given the change to select manufacture and model number of the box. 
i selected TiVo from the list and then model number DCX960.

To my amazement when it gave me the option to change the channel up or down it worked!

Again, I’m not saying all these steps are necessary but it worked for me.

I would be happy to hear if this helps anyone else. 

Mark 

0 Likes
Ally762
First Poster
Options

Just did this and amazed it worked.  I had been through many combinations of provider and model numbers before this to no avail.

0 Likes