Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal remote not working with Manhattan Freeview box

(Topic created on: 27-09-2022 12:40 PM)
Andrew Osborn
Apprentice
Options

I’ve recently bought a Manhattan T2-R Freeview box to connect to my Samsung Frame TV.

Picture comes through ok,  but when trying to set up the universal remote, it doesn’t list Manhattan as a known make for a cable/satellite box, even though it’s one of the main makes.  Thus I can’t set the universal remote to control the Freeview box.  Has anyone encountered this and been able to work through it please?

9 REPLIES 9
Rachel Gomez
Journeyman
Options

Remove the batteries and clean the remote control terminals with a small solution of alcohol, using a cotton bud or soft cloth, then place the batteries back into the remote control. Replace with fresh batteries. Notes: Insert a battery consistent with the + pole and - pole according to the indication.

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez

0 Likes
Andrew Osborn
Apprentice
Options

Sorry, you clearly didn’t understand the question.

I am trying to set up the Universal remote to also control my Manhattan Freeview box, however when going into the universal remote menu on the TV there doesn’t seem to be an option to choose Manhattan as a make under cable/satellite boxes. Can you advise please?

Mosceb
First Poster
Options

Any resolution to this problem? I am having the same issue 

0 Likes
Andrew Osborn
Apprentice
Options

No sorry. I got the above ridiculous reply and have heard nothing since.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Andrew Osborn: Specific external devices do not support the Universal Remote feature. If the Manhattan Freeview box is not listed specifically under Menu > Connected Devices > Universal Remote, have you tried selecting another Freeview option to see if you're able to register the device in this manner? 

0 Likes
Andrew Osborn
Apprentice
Options

I have tried pretty much all of them, but can’t get any other device to work either. This is disappointing as Manhattan are one of the main UK Freeview boxes.  I will try some more options, and if not will return the Manhattan box for refund and choose one in the Universal Remote de ice list.

Mosceb
First Poster
Options

I managed to get the universal remote to work by adding our WiFi to the Manhattan Freeview box. I had previously only had an ethernet cable connected to the Samsung TV and then a HDMI lead between the tv and the Freeview box.  Once the Manhattan box was linked to our Wifi, the T2R option appeared in the universal remote menu (I think it neeeded to get this additional info from the internet) and I was able to link the Samsung universal remote control.

0 Likes
Members_vBs4TIC
First Poster
Options

I have tried to LinkedIn manhattan box with our WiFi.But Manhattan still doesn't show on the remote. I have chosen Service provider as 'Freview (National)' thenbasking me your TV Service Provider? I don't know who is providing freviewnational. Could you kindly advice me your connection steps.

0 Likes
YoungLad
First Poster
Options
I've managed to do this. You just need to input the model number i.e. T3-R and it works.
0 Likes