Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uneven / wonky screen

(Topic created on: 02-07-2021 08:11 PM)
Members_UU1sfLX
First Poster
Options

I recently bought a Samsung Q85T TV 65-inch TV but the screen is slightly uneven (wonky) and it slopes down towards the left by a couple of millimetres.

Has anyone else had this or know of a fix... Hopefully something that doesn't involve putting a few DVDs under the screen on the left to straighten it up.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Members_UU1sfLX: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your new TV. For clarity, have you attached the TV to the stand that came packaged with the device, using the instructions in the Quick Setup Guide? 

Members_UU1sfLX
First Poster
Options

Yes...a TV engineer came and fitted it.  When I called him after he said that there is only one way to fit the stand and there are no ways of adjusting it.  It's very annoying and I am regretting my purchase now.

0 Likes
Clen
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my 55" Q90T Flagship QLED 4K HDR Smart TV (2020) - samsung sent me a replacement stand but it still slopes which means its a problem with the mounting on the TV itself, it's on a flat table so there is no question it has a slope - Samsung don't seem interested in solving it!! They are now ignoring my e-mails. TVs with a slope is a pretty basic quality fail - they aren't cheep either!! 

0 Likes
KeithPearson
First Poster
Options

I'm relieved it isn't just me with this issue. In 2021 paid the best part of £3000 for a QT85, and it wasn't until a few months later my father-in-law suggested it was tilting. I checked, and it was, by 12mm. After a few months of wrangling, Samsung replaced the set. Today, the TV is once again tilting to the side by 14mm. I've emailed Samsung about it but so far I've got nowhere.

They do state that they allow some 'tolerance' on the tilt, but I can't believe such a large and expensive TV set is supported by a single stand and four small screws. The fact this is happening to several customers suggests a design flaw and I'm now concerned that one of those screws is going to snap and I'll come home to find the TV lying on the floor!

It's really not good enough, Samsung.

0 Likes