Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UN50AU8000FXZA brightness changes every 2 seconds back and forth...

(Topic created on: 13-02-2024 05:29 PM)
bbldsweet
Apprentice
Options

I have a UN50AU8000FXZA that is a couple of years old.  Picture is great, but gets lighter then darker back and forth every 2 seconds.  I've tried the disabling all of the eco features but no change.   I've tried changing out power cord and outlet.  Just the tv plugged in, nothing else going through ports.  Help! 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @bbldsweet  Should normally only  happen with the Eco  Modes.   Test to see if the issue exists with all Picture Modes. If Ambient Auto Brightness  is disabled have a look to see if Intelligent Mode is activated and if so try without that on.  

otherwise can you try unplugging from mains for 5 seconds, could also try a Factory Reset.

However aware  that  with one  UK customer who had this problem it turned out to a bug that needing investigating.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
bbldsweet
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the info James.  I did try a factory reset, but nothing changed to this point.  I'll try a couple of your other suggestions and see if anything improves.  Appreciate it.

bbldsweet
Apprentice
Options

Update...no luck with any of these.  Issue persists no matter the setting

0 Likes
bbldsweet
Apprentice
Options

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

0 Likes
bbldsweet
Apprentice
Options

Here's a quick video on the issue.

0 Likes
bbldsweet
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes