Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK twice as expensive as US!

(Topic created on: 16-11-2021 06:39 PM)
SmartThing
Apprentice
Options

I was looking for a 65” QN900A Neo QLED 8K HDR Smart TV. In the UK, it's priced at £4999 after Black Friday discounts. In the US, it's $3300 or just less than £2500. Can someone from Samsung explain why we in the UK have to pay twice the price for the same technology?

UK Samsung website

US Samsung website

5 REPLIES 5
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Have you shopped around ?? Amazon, argos, curries. John Lewis. EBay as they will all be different and I could have missed out some others but it is worth seeing what the prices are available for the TV.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Because we get ripped off by Samsung in this country yet we still buy their poor quality goods.

I've had a Samsung Microwave that wouldn't cook. Replaced.

I've had an S21 Ultra that is very poor at connecting to mobile networks.

My friend has had a Samsung TV that failed within weeks. Replaced.

Their build quality and quality control is SHOCKINGLY BAD.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@SmartThing: It seems as though the TV's were priced identically at £4,999.00 and $4,999.00 respectively. The folks in the US just have a staggering Black Friday deal of -$1,700.00. 

0 Likes
SmartThing
Apprentice
Options

I have but my point is that Samsung, the manufacturer, clearly have a pricing policy of charging UK customers more.

0 Likes
SmartThing
Apprentice
Options

Hi AndrewL. Thanks for your reply. The TV's are not priced identically. There's a currency exchange rate to consider too. Using today's rate, $4999 in the US would mean to be priced identically, the UK price would be £3750. Then you could apply the Black Friday discounts. It's like saying two runners in a race had an identical opportunity because one runs 1500m and the other runs 1500 feet. They're different units of measurement. $<>£

0 Likes