Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55KU6400UXXU (SAMSUNG SMART TV-FIRE HAZARD)

(Topic created on: 28-10-2023 10:27 PM)
azher65
First Poster
Options

Hi. I recently came about a very significant hazardous issue with my Samsung TV, with dark smoke emissions and the left side of the screen going blank in patches. I immediately turned the TV off from the back, as it was an obvious fire hazard, which could have lead to disastrous consequences. I reported this multiple times to the Samsung Customer Care, and eventually, managed to get an appointment with a member of their team, who simply said that it was not a fire hazard, when to me, it clearly was, and that it was a defect in the back light. They said that it was something that was unrepairable, and that they would offer 15% towards a new TV, which is utterly unacceptable in these circumstances. I believe that it is a manufacturing defect which should be addressed by Samsung, and that they should take full responsibility of these issues and resolve them as soon as possible for the safety and satisfaction of their customers.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hi there

You haven't mentioned how old the TV is but I'm assuming out of warranty?

In UK Law (which most retailers and manufacturers do not at a Customer Service level appear to understand) IF an electrical item has a manufacturing defect AND it that defect was in situ when you took delivery of the item, then the retailer (as that is who you have a contract with) may be liable for repair or replacement

The law here is the Consumer Rights Act 2015

https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights

The challenge you'll face is proving that the defect was there at that point of delivery.

Did you pay for it on your credit card? If yes, you may be better off trying a Section 75 Claim via your card company.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@azher65: I'm very sorry to hear that you encountered this issue with your TV. We take matters of customer safety very seriously, therefore if you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK, as I would like to ensure that you have been through the proper support channels to get the device inspected by an authorised Samsung engineer.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

If you have spoken with our Product Liaison Team, and the set has been inspected, then we must stand by the engineer's diagnosis in this instance.