Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55KS8000TXXU Won’t turn on?

(Topic created on: 16-03-2019 06:02 PM)
Coomesy
Apprentice
Options

Hi there? Has as anyone else had issues with there tv not turning on?

It tries to come on but keeps cycling on and off really quickly. Have tried switching it off for a few hours and disconnecting everything and still not joy. Tv is 2 years old.

Cheers

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Is the power plugged in correctly? If no you might be lucky if it's still in the warranty, if not it could become expensive 😅
0 Likes
Coomesy
Apprentice
Options
I’ve just been informed it’s not in warranty.
It’s crazy. Was just watching it and boom off it goes 🤦🏻‍♂️
0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Ough, that's horrible luck. Perhaps you might still get a discount on a repair considering its around the end of warranty date
0 Likes
Coomesy
Apprentice
Options

I’ll see what happens. I can see they have a lot of issues with them doing this across the range. It’s not a low spec tv either so very disappointed to be honest. 

The last time Samsung repaired my soundbar the thing came back a right mess. Looked like they took it apart with a hammer and screwdriver and scratched the hell out of it 😢

Gussvontesse
Explorer
Options
It's same problem across the model. Samsung does not want to fix it for free. Should make group where we can all report about this.
Gussvontesse
Explorer
Options
Just chatted with Samsunga bout this. Apparently it's unknown issue and they will not fix it for free but definitely it's the same problem for most of this model TVs . I think we should create group and all contact Samsung as they need to sort it.
Coomesy
Apprentice
Options

We must be able to do something about it if it’s an issue for so many. 

Does anyone know what actually fails? 

0 Likes
Gussvontesse
Explorer
Options
I don't know what causes it.seems the sensor preventing over heating is switching it off without reason.
0 Likes
Coomesy
Apprentice
Options

Well this happens from first start up so can’t be that. It was on this morning working fine. It then decided to turn off but keep trying to come back on. 

Plugged it back in after work and it’s still the same. 

Bad quality products if you ask me.   

I’ve got a top of the range Panasonic tv that’s now 9 years old I’ve had to use. Still going strong 💪🏼 . I got this model Samsung thinking it would be great quality but not anymore. 

0 Likes