Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55F7000 lost config and channels on reboot

(Topic created on: 19-05-2020 08:36 AM)
tiodemo
First Poster
Options

Hi!

I have a UE55F7000SL TV, software version T-FXPDEUC-1135.0.

Tv works fine except for it doesnt maintain channel list and network configuration. When I power off and on the tv, it shows an old list of channels and try to connect to an old wifi network, so I need to configure and search channels again (aerial digital tv).

I did factory reset from suppor menu and from samsung service menu, removed all config from smart hub, etc, but the issue persists.

I also noticed that camera doesnt work, on the menu the gesture control item shows activated but when trying to enter it shows a message: not available.

What more can I do to get back to normal?

Thanks!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
tiodemo
First Poster
Options

Me again -:)

Tried to update the system by network and by USB and in both cases it stops at 46%.

Thanks!

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @tiodemo ,

did you place the file on a blank USB root directory? If so, did you get any error code on the screen when it stops? 

0 Likes
tiodemo
First Poster
Options

Thanks TessM for your reponse.

After contancting with Samsung support, they send me by email the link to download the firmware: https://www.samsung.com/es/support/model/UE55F7000SLXXC/, the one I used at first time.

I tried again with 2 different formatted USB drives (FAT32) and when update process stops at 46%, after say 15 seconds, this message appears: 

"Update failed. Please check and try again."

Samsung support confirmed (via chat and phone) its a firmware version issue, and after updating, tv will work fine again.

Is ther any other option to flash the new firmware?

Thanks!

0 Likes
tiodemo
First Poster
Options

Also I follow instructions from samsung support:

- Format the USB in FAT 32, leaving it completely empty.
- Download the USB firmware update.
- Unzip the file in a folder by double-clicking it and select "run".
- Delete the download, leaving only one folder.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hola @tiodemo ,

sorry for the late response. Have you tried to follow the steps listed on the guide (Firmware Update User Manual ver 1.0 (Multi-idiomas) found on the same page as the software version? Do you have any different USB memory that you can place this in? 

0 Likes
tiodemo
First Poster
Options

Hi TessM, no worries.

Yes, I followed steps of the guide and tried with different memory sticks with differenc capacities. Is there any way to do the firmware update from samsung service menu? I mean, the one who appears with tv off and pushing remote keys combination...

FYI, firmware update stops at the same point ( 46% ) in both cases: usb udpate and wifi / etherenet connected

Thanks!

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

If this is stopping during the process I would suggest doing this manually with a USB. Have you tried to plug the USB in a different port and is the file being placed on the root directory of a blank USB memory? 

0 Likes
Zeo
First Poster
Options

Hi all, Any updates on the issue?

I have the exact same issue and can’t resolve this. 

0 Likes