Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UE49KU6400 Scheduled Recording

(Topic created on: 25-04-2017 07:21 AM)
dockofthebay
Journeyman
Options

Hello all,

First post - I am hoping someone has had a similar experience with their UE49KU6400 and can offer some advice.

I bought the TV about 1 month ago and am delighted with it. Two weeks ago, I thought I'd give the recording feature a try for the first time, so I purchased a Toshiba external hard drive.

First, I tested recording live TV as I watched it - perfect, no issues.

Next, I scheduled a recording for about 15 minutes time, then turned off the TV. The hard drive powered off, but right enough, turned back on in time to record the show while the TV was off. Perfect, no issues.

Next, I scheduled two recordings - one on the Friday evening, one on the Saturday evening. I turned the TV off on Friday lunchtime and then went to visit relatives for the weekend.

On my return, neither program had recorded. No errors or issues - just "No recordings available". The series link for the Saturday night show still sitting in Scheduled, awaiting the next episode.

It looks like that the Scheduled Recording won't work if the TV is powered off for a significant time... Is there some sort of Eco Power setting I'm missing? Surely I can't be the only one who has experienced this. Any help is seriously appreciated.

I have contacted Samsung technical support, and have a call open, but to be frank, they're wasting my time. Every time I speak to them, I get the following questions multiple times - "Is the TV powered on at the wall when you schedule a recording?".... "Do you leave the hard drive plugged in when you try to record?"

Thanks.

Go to solution
45 REPLIES 45
MelG
Apprentice
Options

I fixed this problem by downloading the latest firmware (its a big file and took 8 hours) from samsung website product support.

Save the file to usb hardrive and then plugged into tv and used to update it.

Full instructions online.

Not something anyone at Samsung seemed to know about!!

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

I have had Martin Daws around sent from Samsung. First time changed the one connect, not work. Second time to change PCB board, thought great worked for a week then packed up again which was just on Tuesday. Now again waiting for Samsung. I have noticed the firmware is newer so will try that today.   

Also are you aware that if you buy any thing through a third party i.e. Amazon or Ebay you loose your section 75 credit consumer protection. I bought my TV from DA Tech (ignoring all my contacts) through Amazon and because it is now over 120 days that I have had it I can not claim a charge back and the credit card company refuse a section 75. Beware! I read that if you are buying anything of value it's best to pay direct to keep that protection.

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

Update, downloaded the 1208.2 as I have 1201 and put onto usb stick. Went to do update and pointed it to the stick but TV said I was already upto date. Strange. It's very strange how Samsung are not able to sort this out. I also have an older 32 inch Samsung smart TV which works fine, yet an upto date very expensive TV does not!!! 

AntS
Options

Hi @paul1111. That is strange that it didn't update from the USB. Just to confirm, did you extract the update file on the USB stick after downloading it?

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

I did not extract the file, basic mistake will retry. Funny how it's not done over the internet though. Thanks again for reminding me to extract, did in the past just forgot this time.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Updated see if it woks now. 

Would be easier iff Samsung just kept the file as is so you do not have to extract it as the file is not zipped up. Odd.

@AntS wrote:

Hi @paul1111. That is strange that it didn't update from the USB. Just to confirm, did you extract the update file on the USB stick after downloading it?

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

65KS9500 just updated firmware to 1208.2 and tried the recording from the planner and guess what, did not record. 

AntS
Options

Yay! :robothappy: And grrr. :robotfrustrated:

And sent you a PM, paul1111.

0 Likes
Solution
smk06
Student
Options

Thank you for the replies. I think I have resolved the issue.

I downloaded an update (1151) for the 40MU6120 from the link below to my laptop, then extracted the file to an external HDD. It is a very recent update (14 Nov) and file size was 1.2GB. I then connected the HDD to the TV and updated the software this way. A couple of quick tests were successful in recording programmes with the TV on standby. I'll try recording programmes overnight but expect this to also be successful.

Hope this helps other users.  

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40MU6120KXXU/

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

65KS9500 Problem since August 2017 still not fixed!!!!!!!!!!!

I also updated firmware to 1208.2, still will not record from the planner when on of in standby. Now had a new one box, new main board, tried 2 USB drive and a powered drive and turning off auto tuning, factory reset and still will not record. Will time shift and record what I am watching. I think it must be some thing with the power supply and I now thing it's time for a repacement TV, pleaseeeeeee.

Oh got told off for posting to much. Think is if the TV worked or was fixed I would not be here, so come on Samsung sort this out and make some of your customers happy again with their Samsung TV's!!!!

0 Likes