Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UA55AU8000U Black shadow creeps across the bottom right corner before shutting down and then restarting every 30 seconds or so

(Topic created on: 12-05-2023 07:09 PM)
Baba Yaga
Student
Options

Bought this about a year and a half ago. It's sat in the same place. Not near a heat source. I tried the soft reset and it didn't work. I can't get into any menus to try any of the solutions suggested because it only stays on for about 5 seconds.

The shadow looks like one of those in movies where they are showing a map of a battle or something and a flame curls up the corner of the map, slowly enveloping the map.

Also the quality of the picture (as it is being enveloped in the shadow) is very poor.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Baba Yaga: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your TV. Please try disconnecting any external devices from the TV, then power off the TV, unplug it at the wall for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power back on using the remote. If the issue persists, check to see if the problem is occurring on all channels and sources, and move any magnetic objects away from the set as a precaution. You may also wish to head to Home > Settings > General > Reset, to return the TV to it's default factory settings. Let me know how you get on.

0 Likes
Baba Yaga
Student
Options

Thank you. I have done all of the things you have suggested, however, I cannot get it to stay on long enough to do a reset.

0 Likes
nhoyle92
First Poster
Options

i have the exact same problem, can i ask did you find a solution?

0 Likes