Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv switching itself to tv speaker since 25.8.2022

(Topic created on: 10-11-2022 10:04 AM)
Missytreff
Journeyman
Options

Since yesterday my Samsung QE55Q70RATXXU TV decides to ignore my sound setting is HDMi and switch itself to tv speaker. I change it back to HDMi and within 10 seconds it switches itself back to tv speaker. I've checked cables, changed ports and still it continues. I'm wondering if there's been an update that has messed the tv up?

54 REPLIES 54
JBP3
Explorer
Options

Didn't work for me. Soundbar came on after I plugged it back into the HDMI ARC port on the back of the TV and immediately reverted to TV speakers...and it screwed up my cable box universal remote settings which I now have to reconfigure. There's only one thing that's working for me: Device Manager->Clean Memory Boost. This resolves my HDMI ARC issues immediately, but I have to do it every time I turn on the television...and I doubt this will work for everyone. I've tried a lot of the suggestions in other threads - seems like some of them work for some people but not for all. Guess that's a result of the variation of equipment people have connected.

0 Likes
Missytreff
Journeyman
Options

I am afraid this did not work for me. The only way I can get my Sony  sound system to work with my Samsung tv is to use HDMi1.

0 Likes
Reverberation
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
Obviousman
Apprentice
Options

Good advice but you think that any large consumer company hosting a community based on their products would, I don't know, perhaps PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THE COMMUNITY IS SAYING! Is Samsung so much of a tightwad company that they do not employ people to read the posts, respond, and report trends or emerging issues?

Hey - what does 'class action' mean?

Obviousman
Apprentice
Options

My problem is not the sound bar but a home theatre system. A Samsung home theatre. Connected to a Samsung TV. And everything worked fine until I stupidly updated the software.

The lack of response - or denial - from Samsung is disturbing and I agree with a previous poster: if you feel strongly enough then make your point by not getting anything Samsung. A boycott. If enough people thought it worthwhile, and the impact was big enough to come to the attention on senior management, then I suspect you would find an update being developed, tested and deployed that resolved the issue in a very short time span. It is a fact of life - money talks.

0 Likes
richardhxEU
Journeyman
Options

I did a phone debug with Samsung lasting an hour. He tried to say it was my other boxes not Samsung TV to which I pointed out there were dozens of others in US and EU with same problem. He said he would elevate issue. Even if he did it’s likely many months for a fix. Small group using CEC ARC stuff not priority unless CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT IN USA. Come on lawyers CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT $$$ for you. I’m based in LA, USA.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all,

Sharing the official response on this one we received:

"We are aware of this unfortunate side effect of the software update T-MSLDEUC_1401.0 & T-MSMDEUC_1401.0, during HDMI switching Audio is forced back to TV Speakers.

We will rectify this problem when we make the next full update to the TV Firmware during 2023, but until then we can offer an interim firmware update available to download & update by USB using the following links

https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_UK&OriginYN=N&Model...

https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_UK&OriginYN=N&Model...

The firmware needs to be “Unzipped” before writing the root of a USB.

If you are unsure which Firmware you require, simply download, extract & write both to the root of a USB stick & the TV will update using the correct file.

Instructions on how to create the USB Update file can be found here:

Note: The supplied links mention 'PS42B450B1W', this is not a mistake & the correct update file is available at that location."

richardhxEU
Journeyman
Options

Is this 1409 update region dependent or also good for USA and worldwide?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @richardhxEU ,

The links above are for all affected UK and European TV sets. For folks who are from elsewhere it's best for them to get in touch with their local Samsung Support.

DrSlump1
Explorer
Options

Thankyou so much for your update.

Just a question: why samsung doesn't make this file available for everyone from the official product downloads page?