Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv switching itself to tv speaker since 25.8.2022

(Topic created on: 26-08-2022 11:43 AM)
Missytreff
Journeyman
Options

Since yesterday my Samsung QE55Q70RATXXU TV decides to ignore my sound setting is HDMi and switch itself to tv speaker. I change it back to HDMi and within 10 seconds it switches itself back to tv speaker. I've checked cables, changed ports and still it continues. I'm wondering if there's been an update that has messed the tv up?

54 REPLIES 54
Members_QKcKX1m
Student
Options

I have the Q85 matched with Q60 soundbar. I am getting the exact same issue. Tried disconnecting, powering off and still the problem exists. I suspect that Samsung has done something that they need to reverse. Not happy and considering buying Sony to replace this defective hardware

Missytreff
Journeyman
Options

Infuriating isn't it. I had both my Sony receiver and the Samsung TV unplugged all night in the hope it would correct itself, but no. I've tried to see if there is another corrective update due, but also no. I think the last update shown is 4071, but will check when I'm home.  

jasionowski
First Poster
Options

another unhappy user experiencing this. worked with no issue for years until Samsung did whatever they did.

Please fix this, the TV speaker pales in comparison to the sound bar. 

0 Likes
Missytreff
Journeyman
Options

Last update was 1401.

Leroy Willow
First Poster
Options

Mine started doing the same thing yesterday, after working great for two years.🥲🥲

Hobwell
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here, it was indeed the firmware update to 1401.  Downgrading the firmware via USB didn't work 😞

0 Likes
Missytreff
Journeyman
Options

I have changed my HDMi cable from HDMI 4 Arc to HDMI 1 and 'touch wood' it seems to be working again. I get an alert at the top of the screen to say HDMi 1 is not an arc port but I just press okay and it seems to be working. I continue to use the single remote to control my Sony audio receiver and the Samsung TV. TV is no longer clicking back to TV  speaker.

0 Likes
chuckit
Journeyman
Options

It happened to me too.  Anyone able to roll back the firmware?

saimy69
First Poster
Options

Update 1401, the same thing is happening to me.  Sound keeps switching to TV, never had this problem until the update.