Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv switching itself to tv speaker since 25.8.2022

(Topic created on: 26-08-2022 11:43 AM)
Missytreff
Journeyman
Options

Since yesterday my Samsung QE55Q70RATXXU TV decides to ignore my sound setting is HDMi and switch itself to tv speaker. I change it back to HDMi and within 10 seconds it switches itself back to tv speaker. I've checked cables, changed ports and still it continues. I'm wondering if there's been an update that has messed the tv up?

54 REPLIES 54
Tovenaaar
First Poster
Options

That is not the case for me though. I have a Samsung HW-Q900T with eArc connection which is specifically paired with the TV as advertised by Samsung. The system used to work for the first two years and only since half a year is causing issues. 

0 Likes
richardhxEU
Journeyman
Options

Software update makes it more sensitive to ARC problems. You must have TV HDMI-3 eARC connected to Soundbar eARC and must use expensive special HDMI 2.1 cable. Also there is a TV setting in Sound/ExpertSettings/HDMIeARCMode and set to AUTO. 
If that doesn’t work do Hard Reset, that is unplug both devices from electric power for 5 minutes and set up and try again. 
Then Try new HDMI 2.1 cable.

If no Joy then return Soundbar to shop ( there try it on a shop TV) or somehow get another or better get a new Receiver. If still no joy then it must be the TV. Return that or get another to try with Soundbar. You can call Samsung under warranty maybe.

My TV is ARC (not eARC). It works with new Denon AVR S760H which has a lot of other features you will enjoy. Better audio, You can put music on USB memory and play it. It plays Spotify, has control via WiFi iPhone. Good Luck

0 Likes
richardhxEU
Journeyman
Options

Right now I think eARC is an unnecessary complication, avoid getting saddled with it. Connect devices to AVR first and pass thru to TV so you don’t need its audio return speed, +it has Ethernet which is not needed as every device has that, +HDMI 2.1 Cable is ridiculously expensive , +HDMI 2.0 is good for 4k 60p video which is plenty for every use now (8k is years away).

0 Likes
JBP3
Explorer
Options

Naaa, doesn't work. I have an ARC Samsung soundbar and 2.1 cable. The update broke the handshake...and it's been broken for over a year. I found a much better solution: I just will never buy another Samsung product again. I've already bought another TV and some new appliances. None are Samsung. Guess what? The Samsung soundbar handshakes just fine with my new LG TV. Bought a new phone earlier this year - not a Samsung. Screw me once, shame on you Samsung, not buying another branded product.

0 Likes
richardhxEU
Journeyman
Options

To be safe with LG TV make sure you disable the auto update of firmware in settings.

0 Likes