Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Screen has dark section at top of screen

(Topic created on: 27-08-2018 08:46 PM)
Aristotle
Apprentice
Options

I solved the issue and this is how. 

After lot of research and dozens of suggestions I decided to try something simple first. 

My Samsung UE39F5500 was connected directly to the Internet, no cables apart from the power.

I opened the back of the TV and made sure everything was properly connected especially the highlighted part on the image. (shows how technical I am). 

Problem solved. 20180826_123745.jpg

20180827_194402.jpg

Tv7.jpg

Go to solution
103 REPLIES 103
Leija62
First Poster
Options

I took what you said and tried it. No matter which HDMI port I connected my Xfinity HDMI cable it still showed the dark band on top. It was only when I changed  out the HDMI cable for another HDMI cable did it work and the dark band disappeared. Apparently I had a bad HDMI cable. Go figure. 

0 Likes
geneisaac
First Poster
Options

I had this exact same TV Screen with a dark section at top of screen. My solution was to reset my Comcast Xfinity TV cable box. This corrected the problem once the cable box rebooted.

0 Likes
Options

I found a solution I think. The dim black upper part of the TV comes from the input/source info. It just doesn’t go away sometimes. It happens only sometimes. What I found that works is unfortunately just waiting. I just put on the fireplace app on my Apple TV to keep the tv on and after sometime, I look back at the tv and it’s gone. Works every time. Then it stays gone for a while (hasn’t happened for months until tonight). This time it took about 30min. I just went and did other things and when I came back to check, no more dim screen on top. It’s definitely a bug. 

0 Likes
Scotty304
First Poster
Options

Hi Paul,

Can you please elaborate as to what loose solder connection you are referring to?

Do you have a photo?

Thank you.

0 Likes