Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV (Q80T) sometimes ignores picture mode even with intelligent picture off

(Topic created on: 30-08-2020 03:57 PM)
JRPD
Journeyman
Options

Here's a strange issue I've got on my new Q80T TV, which was also on my 5-year old Samsung as well...

When using Samsung's native Netflix app, it ignores my picture mode (say natural), and always shows in 'movie'.

I have all the intelligent/auto picture settings off.

Not really a big issue, but falls into the 'slightly irritating' category :smiling-face:

Anyone else encountered this, and have any advice?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
I'm sure you've done this but reinstalling the Netflix app may be the 1st place to try?
0 Likes
jdk2087
Pioneer
Options

Something strange is I have had this start happening on the Hulu app on my 4k Firestick. Switching picture modes fixes it, though. 

0 Likes
JRPD
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I've tried reinstalling the Netflix app.

Even stranger though - I've discovered that it only 'locks' the picture mode on Movie with some shows. I can switch between, say, Community and Warrior Nuns, with the TV set to 'natural', and with Community it displays as 'natural', and Warrior Nuns it displays as 'movie'.

Meanwhile, if watching the same shows on an xbox console through the same TV with the same settings, it displays both as 'natural'.

I wonder if it is something Netflix is somehow controlling, in conjunction with Samsung, to ensure that shows are watched with the settings Netflix recommends? Or is that crazy talk?!

0 Likes