Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Slow download speeds (Q80T QLED 4K HDR Smart TV)

(Topic created on: 30-08-2020 03:10 PM)
JRPD
Journeyman
Options

I've just purchased the above TV, and am getting slow download/streaming speeds - 12mbps on speedtest.net, 6mbps on Netflix). A laptop placed in the same spot is getting 70mbps, so it can't be the wifi, router or broadband speed.

I've checked for TV software updates.

I notice that other people have reported similar issues over the years - does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JRPD
Journeyman
Options

OK, I've solved this one, and it was due to my ignorance...

6mpbs on Netflix was giving me what Netflix said was 2160 resolution, when I was expecting 4096. But turns out that Netflix measure resolution vertically not horizontally, so 2160 is full 4k.

Learn something new every day...

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
JRPD
Journeyman
Options

Update: having spent some time on a call with Samsung, a reset of the SmartHub fixed download speed in general, now showing on speedtest.net as 70mbps. But Netflix still streaming at 6mbps. (I have an ultraHD Netflix account which gets me 4k speeds on other devices.) Frustrating!

0 Likes
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
Reinstall all apps, including Netflix incase they're caching.
0 Likes
JRPD
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the suggestion. But I've tried that, and also resetting the Smart Hub, with no success.

0 Likes
Solution
JRPD
Journeyman
Options

OK, I've solved this one, and it was due to my ignorance...

6mpbs on Netflix was giving me what Netflix said was 2160 resolution, when I was expecting 4096. But turns out that Netflix measure resolution vertically not horizontally, so 2160 is full 4k.

Learn something new every day...