Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV not finding USB drive

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Saunders2024
First Poster
Options

Hi i have a Samsung TV Model Code: UE43BU8500KXXU. Software Version : T-KSU2EBDEUC-1622,4, BT-S.

I have only recently attempted to play media files from a USB pendrive and it will not recognise my drive. I have read various post on this with similar models of Tv and ive altered the file format on my drive a couple of times, done a soft reset of the Tv and also a full reset but it still doesnt pick up the pendrive when i put it in eith USB port.

I checked to see if there are any updates for my system and ut tells me im up to date. So any advice on solving this would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Saunders2024: I have looked into this for you, and the user manual states the following:

"When connecting an external hard drive, use the USB (HDD 5V 1A) port. We recommend that you use an external hard drive with its own power adapter."

With the above in mind, it may be the case that your pen drive is not supported, as it does not have it's own dedicated power supply. If your model features the USB (HDD 5V1A) port, you can also try connecting the pen drive to this port to see if you notice an improvement. 

0 Likes
Saunders2024
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew, thanks for your reply.

A mentioned in my original post that i have tried it in both USB ports and using the USB (HDD 5V 1A) does not solve the issue. The TV is a 2022 model so i would expect it to be able to be compatible with the new large drives powered by the device rather than plugged into the mains, there are very few HDD on sale now that use mains power. The pendrive is a Netac 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive which is backwards compatible to USB 2.0 and the drive works  when used in a PC and Laptop. It also works fine in a Sony TV manufactured in 2015.

When i place the drive in the USB (HDD 5V 1A) port it does not even light up to show its recieving power which it does everywhere else i try to use it. I am more starting to think its an issue with my TV system as everywhere else i try the drive it works ok. If anyone has experienced a similar issue and can help please reply.

Thanks 

0 Likes