Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV manufacturers and port outputs

(Topic created on: 26-03-2022 10:29 AM)
Peto Pedro
Journeyman
Options

I was thinking this long time ago ... 

When TV manufacturers will start implementing Thunderbolt 4 or possibly future TB5 in their back of the TV's ? 

Why this is not long time ago implemented??

WHy TV manufs never put DisplayPort 1.4  at least long time ago as it has been with us in monitors since 2016 / 2017 ? 

And this shoul dbe adressed even for graphics card manufacturrers ! WHy nvidia and amd don't implement thunderbilt 4 type c on their cards?? we coul dhave long time ago support for g sync or free sync even for GTX or RTX 20 series??? 

I really wnt to see future TV's like samsung or LG Sony etc... with Thunderbolt 4  type c port .... 

Thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thunderbolt is for Intel processors so I don't see that other manufacturers will or indeed can use it.
GreyMatter
Helping Hand
Options
Firstly and most importantly, thunderbolt isn't a universal connection and only applicable to apple, same goes for display port. Those ports are Apple designed and owned and would also entail licensing of some description. USB, HDMI, even DVI are all universal.
0 Likes
Peto Pedro
Journeyman
Options

Bullscrap so why apple has it??  don't tell such nonsense pls  

Even amd has now thunderbolt !   All is just money nothing else ...  

And intel owns it but they need licence from USB bcesue TB is usb c type only 

0 Likes
Peto Pedro
Journeyman
Options

Are you mad it is now universal and thunderbolt has been with us ages... just versions increasing !  Oooh soo strrange riiigt ?? So Intel processors has it and strangely even Apple which has nothing to do with Intel and they are rivals...  Man even Amd has now thunderbolt it is nothing just  USB 4  same thing...

ANd no Thunderbolt is intels owned  thunderbolt was using mini DP in past and now TB migrated to usb c so they need licence from USB  licence ! https://www.usb.org/logo-license3

Now  even DisplayPort is slowly migrating to usb c!  

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Because Apple use Intel chips and this technology was a joint collaboration.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Why do you have to resort to name calling? It doesn't make you right. I mentioned earlier Thunderbolt was a joint venture between Apple and Intel. The link only means a licence is only due in the USB logo, not the technology.

0 Likes
Peto Pedro
Journeyman
Options

No they hate each others and Apple left Intel  yet intel letting them have their thunderbolt  !

But AMD can't  so stupid ...

But u will see future TV's with usb type c video port !

0 Likes
Peto Pedro
Journeyman
Options

It doesn't matter even HDMI or DP needs to be licenced...  they have bunch of licences with HDMi or already G-sync or VRR F-sync  licenses it is not huge payment.  

And as more TV manufs adding  gaming support so F-sync or G-sync , it is time that thy will add PROPER video ports into their products ! 

There is or was problem with poor HDMi  late support... While monitors had DisplayPort 1.4 for AGES  TV supposed to have this to FULLY support GTX nvidia series as well as RTX 20 series.. BECAUSE AGAIN stupid HDMI on GPUs were outdated compare to DP ... So we loose both ways .. Now I have  GTX 1660 Super  but only HDMi 2.0 so no full RGB 10 bit support dynamic range limited and only YCbCr420  colour output format... 

I have 1660 with HDMi 2.0 TV is 2.1  the g-sync and f-sync and vrr will work but I have colour space and dynamic range limited and also only 8bit colour depth! 

I have purchased special cable DisplayPort to HDMI 8K@60 - 4k@120  (see below) it now perfectly supports  full  dynamic range RGB 10 bit etc BUT some strange reason it won't enable G-sync and f-sync (vrr)  

BUT  if I switch to HDMi to HDMi cable I have g-sync and vrr on TV but  colour depth only 8 bit  colour format only 420 dynamic range limited ..   (see pics below) 

SO I can't win fkin both ways !!!!  IT MAKE ME ANGRY !!! 

BUT if TV's would have DP 1.4  problem would be solved long time ago even with GTX era.!  

Now TV are getting better than monitors .. They are basically monitors now ! 

So TV manus need to implement  

IMG_20220403_102722.jpg

IMG_20220403_103318.jpgIMG_20220403_103531.jpg

0 Likes