Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Tv info showing on screen

(Topic created on: 31-10-2023 06:14 PM)
Kate Herbert
Apprentice
Options

Our samsung tv ue32d5000 (2012) has suddenly started showing the tv info down the left hand side of the screen - this stays for a few minutes, then disappears then reappears! Very annoying. We’ve Googled this and some say it’s in store demo mode but we have been through our settings and we don’t seem to have the option to change this from store to home. It’s only happened since we added a fire stick to one of the hdmi ports - this has since been removed but still getting the on screen tv info. Any ideas on how to solve this issue please? TIA 

image.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Kate Herbert  In that case there should be a reset option available via the support section or somewhere in settings.  Otherwise you could try holding the Exit key on your remote for 12 seconds (whilst Tv is switched on)  This should work for older Tv's You could also reset the picture settings and the Smart Hub.  More information here https://www.samsung.com/Resets 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Kate Herbert  should be able to check usage Mode  via Settings-General-System Manager-usage Mode.  Try unplugging from mains for around a minute before reconnecting to see if that makes a difference. otherwise factory Reset which should be  Settings-General-Reset or  Settings-Support-Self Diagnosis-Reset.

However if still issues see if any errors on Picture Test, Support-Self Diagnosis-Picture Test.  If problems are identified  indicates a fault and bear in mind repair for a 2012 Tv would be problematic. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-run-a-picture-test-self-diagnosis-on-my-t... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Kate Herbert
Apprentice
Options

 Hi thanks for your reply. I have had a look at our General settings and we don’t have any of the options you mentioned available - Not even a reset! 

I’ve attached a photo of the ones we do have. 

I’ve tried disconnecting the power and have run a picture test (all ok) but we’re still getting the tv info down the side of the picture. 

IMG_6181.jpeg

0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Kate Herbert  In that case there should be a reset option available via the support section or somewhere in settings.  Otherwise you could try holding the Exit key on your remote for 12 seconds (whilst Tv is switched on)  This should work for older Tv's You could also reset the picture settings and the Smart Hub.  More information here https://www.samsung.com/Resets 

0 Likes
Kate Herbert
Apprentice
Options

pressing the exit button for 12 seconds has done the trick, it’s all reset and no tv info on the screen! Thank you so much!! 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Glad it appears to be sorted anyway 😀

0 Likes
vikwildish
First Poster
Options
How do u do this with out remote
0 Likes