Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Guarantee

(Topic created on: 06-02-2023 05:51 PM)
CSrehman
First Poster
Options

John Lewis have told me to accept a TV of lower specification because My current TV still under their 5 years guarantee is in their view beyond economical repair.  I had the TV for 3.5 years and it was their flagship TV at the time when I purchased. 

I want full refund or a like for like TV.  Similar TVs  are now more expensive then when I purchased. But they are deducting £500 from the price I paid.   I feel I should not be punished for their TV failing and not even lasting Guarantee period.  

I need advice on what are my options, please.

Any advice will be appreciated. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The warranty is with John Lewis so you have to speak to them

I would check the warranty and look for small print

I always thought John Lewis would repair or replace like for like with their warranty but obviously not, but I have never needed to claim from them
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
They can be tricky ones. Like most. As cs rightfully said its down to the small print. I had a tv from them that parts were no longer available so got offered the market value of the tv when it had broken.
G G
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@CSrehman  The Devil is in the detail, you would need to raise it with John Lwis  From the terms quoted online:

"If we can't repair your TV, we'll replace it with a TV of equivalent specification. If no equivalent product is available, we'll either offer you the nearest equivalent specification or its selling price value, and we'll always do our best to make sure you're satisfied with the outcome".https://www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/guarantees-and-troubleshooting-guides?dt=guarantees-elec... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.