Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV firmware support length

(Topic created on: 26-08-2021 06:54 PM)
techwrangler
Journeyman
Options

I have a Samsung UE40MU6120 TV which I purchased from John Lewis in 2018 which replaced a non smart Samsung TV which was 8 years old.

This is the first Samsung Smart TV I've had and just wondered how long Samsung provide firmware updates for TVs?

I'm not experiencing any issues and the TV has been patching itself qute happily as and when required but wondered how long the support lifecycle is as we have another brand of smart TV which I've taken off the Wi-Fi network as I think it has gone out of firmware support and am a bit concerned about any unpatched securiy holes providing a backdoor into my network.

As you may guess from my forum name I work in IT for a large organisation so I have to consider this stuff professionaally so naturally I think about my own personal gear which is networked.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @techwrangler  Whilst I do not have a definitive answer  I would expect around 5 years of firmware updates for modern UHD Tv's anyway.   The MU6120 though is a  2017 model even if you purchased it in 2018, I have a 2017 model myself and the last update was in December 2020.   However upon checking  The H series  HD (2014) last received an update in 2019  the JU series UHD (2015)   July 2021, KU Series UHD January 2021.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
techwrangler
Journeyman
Options

Anyone?

0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @techwrangler  Whilst I do not have a definitive answer  I would expect around 5 years of firmware updates for modern UHD Tv's anyway.   The MU6120 though is a  2017 model even if you purchased it in 2018, I have a 2017 model myself and the last update was in December 2020.   However upon checking  The H series  HD (2014) last received an update in 2019  the JU series UHD (2015)   July 2021, KU Series UHD January 2021.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.