Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame Slideshow feature request

(Topic created on: 14-07-2019 08:16 PM)
JR15
Student
Options

Hello, I have had The Frame in my living room for a little while now, and I have found that the slideshow desperately needs the following features: 

• Randomize the Slideshow Sequence - When showing a collection, the sequence always starts at the beginning of the collection. We need to be able to randomize the order in which the art is being shown so that it doesn't always start with the same thing. 

• Skip to the next picture - During the Slideshow, the ability to skip to the previous or next picture would be highly useful. We should be able to use the currently unassigned Left or Right arrow buttons to do this. Sometimes when viewing, .e.g a curated collection, something will come that is undesireable, or sometimes it can even scary for my children! When this happens, my only recourse is to start the collection over again from the first slide. 

• Set a default mode for the Mat. I don't like the virtual frames that get put around the pictures. In some cases it looks ridiculous and totally unconvincing. I would like to default the Mat to only fill the whole frame, no digital whitespace around it. Having to set this on a picture by picture basis is not good. If the picture cannot fill the frame, then I do not want to show it. 
133 REPLIES 133
LysolPionex
Explorer
Options

Something else I just thought of: I've turned on the developer mode in the app store on my TV (so I could sideload a Twitch app).  I wonder if that has something to do with it.

If you want to try it, it's really simple, but takes a few steps:

https://developer.samsung.com/smarttv/develop/getting-started/using-sdk/tv-device.html

I can't think why else I would get the update.

0 Likes
Bil1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for sharing. You have a 2019 frame, what size exactly ? what is your firmware version currently if not 1385 ? thanks !

0 Likes
maigaard
Apprentice
Options

I have version 2014 with the new slide show feature. 
It works great. The first time I turn it on. 
But the next time the TV goes into Art mode, it just shows the last image it got to and stays on that. Forever. 
Until I manually start the slide show again. 

Has anyone found a way for the TV to be in random slide show mode whenever it goes into Art mode (by clicking the off button once)?

0 Likes
LysolPionex
Explorer
Options

It's software version 2016. I have the 60" 2019

More details a few pages back:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/the-frame-slideshow-feature-request/td-p/1230447#.YSfTqxwJ8B0...

0 Likes
maigaard
Apprentice
Options

I have version 2014 with the new slide show feature. 
It works great. The first time I turn it on. 
But the next time the TV goes into Art mode, it just shows the last image it got to and stays on that. Forever. 
Until I manually start the slide show again. 

Has anyone found a way for the TV to be in random slide show mode whenever it goes into Art mode (by clicking the off button once?)

0 Likes
Stevegw
Journeyman
Options

I pray that there is a solution to this at some point 

0 Likes
Dejws
First Poster
Options

Ok so I have QE50LS03TA THE FRAME 2020 with 2014 update

Slideshow update is great and I can finally:
1. Start slideshow from any image
2. start slideshow in 'shuffle' option

what would be useful:
1. Ability to select custom transition time (preferable selector for value and selector for unit so I can choose eg 1 second, 1 minute, 1 hour etc). List with values which is already there can store recently used transition times.
2. ability to skip image in slideshow mode (and not only in slideshow mode if image is one from the group) similar how next/prev work in eg Spotify so I can press left/right on full image view to go to next/prev image (without interrupting slideshow feature so I can go to next faster and slideshow continues)
3. slideshow should remember it's state on standby/switch to TV so when I go back to Art mode slideshow continues. Update: I checked again and it works. Slideshow continues every time I switch from TV to Art mode or when I switch Art mode on from standby! (I don't know why I had problems before)

0 Likes
Members_DTV7kM7
First Poster
Options

I have read a lot concerning this issue and have made one observation that nobody posted here before....

always when the slideshow stopped or is not available anymore I was not logged in to my Samsung account.

So the solution to this matter may not be the slideshow but why is there a forced logout of the Samsung account???

What could cause the forced logout of the Samsung account? Is just a simple disconnection of WLAN / LAN the reason for a logout of the Samsung account???

0 Likes
LysolPionex
Explorer
Options

In the nearly two years that I've had this TV slideshow running, I've never had this happen. I would ask Samsung

0 Likes
Steve Luther
Journeyman
Options

The slideshow also needs the timings changing between pictures, 10 minutes is way to long between pictures, no one is going to stand and watch the same picture for 10 minutes until it changes, you should allow 30 seconds or a minute etc or even better be able to set your own refresh time.

0 Likes