Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame Slideshow feature request

(Topic created on: 14-07-2019 08:16 PM)
JR15
Student
Options

Hello, I have had The Frame in my living room for a little while now, and I have found that the slideshow desperately needs the following features: 

• Randomize the Slideshow Sequence - When showing a collection, the sequence always starts at the beginning of the collection. We need to be able to randomize the order in which the art is being shown so that it doesn't always start with the same thing. 

• Skip to the next picture - During the Slideshow, the ability to skip to the previous or next picture would be highly useful. We should be able to use the currently unassigned Left or Right arrow buttons to do this. Sometimes when viewing, .e.g a curated collection, something will come that is undesireable, or sometimes it can even scary for my children! When this happens, my only recourse is to start the collection over again from the first slide. 

• Set a default mode for the Mat. I don't like the virtual frames that get put around the pictures. In some cases it looks ridiculous and totally unconvincing. I would like to default the Mat to only fill the whole frame, no digital whitespace around it. Having to set this on a picture by picture basis is not good. If the picture cannot fill the frame, then I do not want to show it. 
133 REPLIES 133
Msea
Journeyman
Options

Please start a new thread for this issue, Samsung might not mind, but the all of the community members that are subscribed to the original slide show thread, are now receiving updates for an a completely unrelated issue.

0 Likes
Vest
Explorer
Options

When you say the slide show works what do you mean? The pictures change? But at what interval? The principle complaint is that a 10 minute interval for each image is waaaaaay too long.

0 Likes
arty3
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately that's how it functions for me too since I got the TV. Seems like a complete no brainer to have an automatic slideshow functionality but it's not there. So much tech and design yet a basic software feature that would take a dev probably a half day to code up simpyl doesnt exist and make the entire art mode experience lost. If I have to go into the menu to start the slideshow every time it completely defeats the purpose of having a tv that's supposed to blend in and act like seamless art on the wall....can someone at Samsung figure this out ....really inexcusable.

Hobbyist
First Poster
Options

How do you start the slideshow from any image, and how do you start a slideshow in 'shuffle' mode. Are these options that show up on the slideshow screen? I have the latest update, but don't see these options

0 Likes
Vest
Explorer
Options

Carl... As far as I can tell nothing has been done about this. We are asking for basic features that should be included with any device that purports to provide a slideshow feature. I am not going to rehash them here. The requests are repeated over and over again in the replies that follow.  

0 Likes
Vest
Explorer
Options

Read the thread. There is no actual "slideshow" feature. We have been asking Samsung to update the software for a long time. Silly thing. 

0 Likes
FrozenHaxor
First Poster
Options

Samsung The Frame 2022 and still no option to set Slideshow intervalal lower than 10 minutes, this makes no sense. Why not allow a custom interval between pictures? 10 minutes is way too long as other users have stated.

0 Likes
Frans K
Pioneer
Options

SAMSUNG UPGRADE YOUR SLIDESHOW ONT THE ART MODE IN THE FRAMEPLEASE AS MENTIONED ABOVE iT IS STILL NOT WORRKING PROPERLY

i HAVE TO WAIT 3 MINUTES FOR THE NEXT PICTURE.  IT IS THE YEAR 2022

MarkWrightPhoto
First Poster
Options

I am considering buying the Original Model year Samsung The Frame 43" TV (2017 model I believe).  Model number is UN43LS003AF.  I have seen many conflicting accounts in this thread.  It sounds like the early year models had no slideshow functionality at all, and at some point the later models came with the functionality, but it had all kinds of ridiculous limitations.  Some people reported in this thread that they received a firmware update that added some functionality?

1) Should I expect the 2017 the Frame TV to have any slideshow functionality at all after a firmware update?

2) I saw that the new 2022 model has a matte screen and some other improvements.  I am interested in buying one, but not if it does not even have rudimentary slideshow functionality.

It's called Samsung "The Frame".   It costs thousands of dollars.  How can it not have functionality that $30 digital photo frames had in 2011?

LysolPionex
Explorer
Options

I have the 2017 60 inch, and it has a slide show after the firmware update. When I first got the TV there were all sorts of software things that drove me crazy about it including the lack of a shuffle slideshow. Iirc, it always slideshow just no shuffle option.  Depending on the price difference I would go with the newer one. It's more likely to have the firmware update already on it, and more likely to get it added to it if it doesn't since it's newer and they'll still be maintaining it.

TThe matte screen sounds awesome. Kind of jealous of that one!