Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame Slideshow feature request

(Topic created on: 14-07-2019 08:16 PM)
JR15
Student
Options

Hello, I have had The Frame in my living room for a little while now, and I have found that the slideshow desperately needs the following features: 

• Randomize the Slideshow Sequence - When showing a collection, the sequence always starts at the beginning of the collection. We need to be able to randomize the order in which the art is being shown so that it doesn't always start with the same thing. 

• Skip to the next picture - During the Slideshow, the ability to skip to the previous or next picture would be highly useful. We should be able to use the currently unassigned Left or Right arrow buttons to do this. Sometimes when viewing, .e.g a curated collection, something will come that is undesireable, or sometimes it can even scary for my children! When this happens, my only recourse is to start the collection over again from the first slide. 

• Set a default mode for the Mat. I don't like the virtual frames that get put around the pictures. In some cases it looks ridiculous and totally unconvincing. I would like to default the Mat to only fill the whole frame, no digital whitespace around it. Having to set this on a picture by picture basis is not good. If the picture cannot fill the frame, then I do not want to show it. 
133 REPLIES 133
Vest
Explorer
Options

I'm not sure what being logged in or not has to do with the issue. There is a movement detection feature in the TV. If there is no activity in the room the screen shuts down, then comes to life again when activity is detected. Always begins the "slideshow" with the first picture. To get to the second picture you'd have to hire a kid to do jumping jacks for 10 minutes in front of the screen.

0 Likes
Stevegw
Journeyman
Options

I cannot believe Samsung have not sorted this very useful feature out.  There are enough people moaning about it. Listen to your customers !!!

please, pretty please

0 Likes
Steve Luther
Journeyman
Options

MIne do not turn back on again. when I turn the lights off the screens go off, and when I move or turn the lights back on they do not come back on. There is also no feature on the 32" version to control the sensitivity of the sensor. When I manually switch them back on the do not always revert to the art work they either switch to TV mode or to the setup membership screen for artwork. I have done firmware updates on all 3 to the latest version available. These things are good but not really what I expected after watching enough youtube videos before purchasing.

0 Likes
Members_DTV7kM7
First Poster
Options

When the movement detection shuts down the TV and then again on are you logged out of your Samsung account or still logged in ????

0 Likes
Members_DTV7kM7
First Poster
Options

I am logged out but I don´t know if the movement detection is the reason for the logout.

My impression is that the slideshow stops because I got logged out....

I have disabled the movement detection now and will post the results.....

0 Likes
Stevegw
Journeyman
Options

That would be awesome if it was that simple, fingers crossed

0 Likes
LysolPionex
Explorer
Options

I hope you're able to get this working, but this should probably be moved to a new topic.

Stevegw
Journeyman
Options

We are waiting for one of the posters to come back to us with details of some tests he was carrying out. I am sure Samsung don’t mind.  It’s not like they provided a solution to this problem then or now. 

0 Likes
Members_DTV7kM7
First Poster
Options

Dear Community,

since I have turned off sleep mode/Movement detection I stay logged in and the Slide Show works.

I don´t know if the same issue is with night mode but I guess everything that turns off the TV logs you out and you have to log in to your Samsung account again to have all features working !!!

0 Likes
Stevegw
Journeyman
Options

What !!!!!!!!!!!!

Right gonna try it now, thanks so much. I will buy you a pint if it works !

Steve

0 Likes