Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame (2022) Backlight Bleeding Issue

(Topic created on: 14-02-2023 10:08 PM)
bakerson
Apprentice
Options

I recently bought the 55" Frame Tv (2022 ) that has the backlight bleeding issue.

It isn't very pleasant while watching a movie. So I contacted tech support and ran the picture test, but none of the cases covers this issue. His advice was to lower the brightness, but it was set to 30 when I took these photos.

I requested a replacement, but the new one will probably have the same.

It looks like overtighten screws or a force behind the panel causes it.

I love the 2022 version of the frame tv, but this issue makes me feel regret buying it 

Screenshot 2022-05-30 113629.png

IMG_2744 (1).jpg 

20 REPLIES 20
JC27278
First Poster
Options

46859BA1-B211-4A9C-A50E-70C174676C93.jpeg

BF0E7876-F812-407F-8CED-DAD025413C15.jpeg

0 Likes
JC27278
First Poster
Options

My new 75” Frame is doing the same. The top right is the brightest and show through on any darkish scene. Pretty annoying. 

Is this supposed to be expected on the Frame tv? The picture is fine until there is a dark scene. 

0 Likes
stuartgpalmer
First Poster
Options

I get the same issue. I called support and went though a remote inspection, sent them videos etc. They said this is within the specification of the TV. So they no about the issue and will not do anything about it. What a con. Substandard product and an embarrassment for Samsung.

0 Likes
JhonBauwens
Student
Options

Same problem here… Got the 55 in November, it’s a shame for that kind of pricey TV… 

it looks like a projector with white clouds everywhere on dark scenes

0 Likes
Purescript
First Poster
Options

Same! I’m beyond frustrated. My first Samsung tv purchase ever. I bought 85” the frame tv 2022 model.  1st tv horrible backlight bleeding from day 1 installed by Geek squad from best buy. Replaced that: second brand new tv: same issue! Right from the get go. Again installed professionally. Now i’m currently waiting on a 3rd new replacement. The clouding is so bad it’s unacceptable! My 10 year old sony LED bravia doesn’t even do that. How is this tv allowed to be on market? I’ve tried all the recommended settings suggested here and by other techs: nothing works. For the record a brand new tv that’s costa over 6k shouldn’t require all these special settings just so you can watch in the dark: this isn’t the 1960s. 

I will be creating a special blog and post for all my social media platforms to being this issue awareness so NO ONE purchases this terrible product if Samsung isn’t able to provide a resolution for this issue. 

30F27DEE-4372-4541-AE2A-0B135F58FFB9.jpeg

4CB54983-CC86-4B87-BE0D-EB78EE2DA610.jpeg

5DDFE9F8-508C-4491-B6C5-A933AD8A71BC.jpeg

3EA4373B-F67E-4E2D-8E09-1587B010B800.jpeg

0 Likes
KKasliwal
First Poster
Options

Disappointed with Defective Samsung The Frame TV

I recently purchased a Samsung TV with high hopes of a great viewing experience, but unfortunately, my excitement quickly turned into disappointment. Within just 34 days of purchase, the TV started showing severe defects that significantly impacted its functionality.
There are prominent horizontal lines running across the screen, which greatly affect the viewing experience. Watching movies or even regular TV shows became an unpleasant experience due to this bad visual defect.
The picture quality is far from satisfactory and also audio experience is equally disappointing. The speakers produced very low sound, making dialogue unclear and music unpleasant to listen to.
Adding to my disappointment was the unresponsive customer support I encountered when trying to address these issues. Despite numerous attempts to reach out for assistance, the response was slow and lacking in helpful solutions.
I have reported this issue on 7th,June,2023 but still it’s in pending status.

It is disheartening to invest in a product from a reputed brand like Samsung and receive such substandard support when facing a defective unit.

As a consumer, I expected a reliable product that would provide an enjoyable entertainment experience. Unfortunately, this Samsung TV has not lived up to even the basic standards of quality. Given the high price point associated with Samsung products, this experience has left me questioning the value and reliability of the brand.

I strongly caution prospective buyers against purchasing this particular Samsung the Frame TV model, as it seems to suffer from severe quality control issues. I hope that Samsung takes notice of these concerns and takes appropriate steps to rectify the situation for affected customers.
Overall, my experience with this defective Samsung TV has been deeply disappointing. I am now left with an expensive, malfunctioning product and a lackluster customer support experience. It is regrettable that a brand known for its technological prowess has delivered such a subpar product and failed to provide adequate assistance.61+yqcVIPvL._SL1600_.jpg81X8Ksp6V6L._SL1600_.jpg81Vp2h9B6kL._SL1600_.jpg

0 Likes
curto
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue with my 55 in frame tv,now bleeding on screen , very annoying. What do I do?20231216_081938_1000005724_1702714780.jpg20231216_082034_1000005727_1702714836.jpg
0 Likes
JhonBauwens
Student
Options

Anybody has the new 2023? Is the problem the same?

thank for your feedback 

Max1232
First Poster
Options

Yes the 2023 model also has this issue. The clouding effect will vary from one tv to the other but you are 100% getting clouding if you buy a Samsung the frame. 

0 Likes
OLEDtvsucks
Student
Options

Yes all of a sudden my husband tv is back bleeding since we came out of the home after lunch I was with my sister and he went to go fix his bike with my second born!

0 Likes