Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The Frame (2021), Xbox Series X and Firmware 1506

(Topic created on: 26-05-2021 12:36 AM)
BrontoTaurus
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone!

We got 2x The Frame 65" 2021 and 2x Xbox Series X.

Two days ago one frame suddenly stopped working with the HDMI "Game Port".

The day after the other one experienced the same and now none of the TV's HDMI "Game Port" works with the Xbox. TV's just displays a "check input power source" message.

Connecting the XBOX to another HDMI-port works fine.

I checked the latest firmware @ Samsung support page and it says 1506 was made available last week, so my hypothesis is that it breaks "HDMI Game-port" functionality when using the xbox series x 4k/120hz.

I've played around with disabling VRR, HDR etc. on the xbox to no avail. Also had Samsung support remove into the TVs and first reset EDID(?) and then full factory reset.

Didn't fix the issue.

Currently using another HDMI for the Xbox but would prefer to get it back into the GAME-port as this supposedly provides a better picture and VRR-support etc.

Anyone got ideas? :smiling-face: 

Go to solution
403 REPLIES 403
dame55
Journeyman
Options

We just bought a 2021 The Frame 55 and are facing the same issue with our Xbox Series X. On port 4 it's honestly a mess. Sometimes it works fine, others we just see a screen asking to check the Xbox is powered on, which it is.

A new firmware was released some days ago (1901) and we manually installed via using a thumb drive. Issue persists even on 1901. I sincerely hope Samsung fixes this because the 2020 The Frame works just fine with Series X on port 4, it's just the 2021 version that has the issue.

njhtran
Apprentice
Options

Try my workaround?  it's on page 22 of the replies

0 Likes
dame55
Journeyman
Options

Any other HDMI port works fine with the Xbox but HDR is only supported on port 4 😞

ArreBarre
Apprentice
Options

I know exactly what to do .. I will wait until Frame 2022 comes and then I will tell Samsung to pick up mine and ask them to install Frame 2022 instead !!  

totally unacceptable to sell a new TV from 2021 and we are soon in 2022 and Samsung has still not solved the problem !! It will be up to Samsung either they can send a samsung frame 2022 to me or an equivalent TV. There are not many equivalent TVs that have a picture function (frame TV) So either Frame 2022 or LG G1 !!

jrober
Journeyman
Options

For now, the printed and digital "e-manual" (pg 150-152) for the 2021 Frame still reference 4k/120 + VRR support on HDMI 4, but it looks like Samsung has changed their marketing material (at least for AU) that it's not listed as HDMI 2.1 compatible.  

So they've marketed a TV with HDMI 2.1 features/compatibility, promptly break the feature with an auto-applied FW update (by default, anyways), then instead of correcting their mistake, they just remove all traces of the feature and sweep it under the rug.

0 Likes
dame55
Journeyman
Options

And even if they decide to remove it, which is unacceptable, the port should still be reliable if you connect an Xbox or PS5. Not only did they appear to remove the feature, they also broke the port in sense.

Varm
Explorer
Options

Hello together, even if it is unfortunately no help here. I have the same problem and have also opened a thread in the German-speaking community.

The Frame (2021) - 65" - Probleme mit Xbox Series X an HDMI Port 4 (2.1) - Samsung Community

But of course, everything has been without success so far.
Perhaps several threads will increase the pressure on SAMSUNG.

0 Likes
__Luca__
First Poster
Options

The Frame 75” 2021 soft 1805.

I have the same problem in Poland.

Game mode on, XBOX X 4k 120f all connected with hi speed cable - TV cant see the console. 

Samsung such a disappointment 😞 

0 Likes
djdeceit
Apprentice
Options

Everyone please lodge support tickets with Samsung. The only way to get this on the way to a resolution is bombing them with loads of support tickets related to the same issue.

Even referring to this thread may help.

0 Likes
TRV13E
Journeyman
Options

Złóż reklamacje z tytułu rekojmi w sklepie w którym kupiłeś telewizor. Przerabiałem temat rekalamacji i ewentualnej naprawy tego telewizora przez długi czas, to wszystko to nieśmieszny żart.